Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Gestational Diabetes recipes? I am sick of the same foods!

Maybe this belongs in the "Kitchen" forum, but I thought maybe some BTDT mamas would have some ideas.

So, I have 4 weeks or so left to go and I am sooooooo sick of eating just meat and veg, peanut butter, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, and eggs. Apparently I have a zero tolerance threshold for any grains whatsoever and can only have like one bite of fruit before my blood sugar level spikes

I need some new recipes that are totally grain-free, uber low-carb, and high on protein. Any ideas for a hungry pregnant mama?

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

Re: Gestational Diabetes recipes? I am sick of the same foods!

chili, veggies with hummas to dip, taco soup, salmon and red lentil patties,

G.D sucks! I was super sesitive to grains and fruit as well. I found that if I ate a LOT of fat and protein I could have a small serving of a not very refined grain, like rice or a ww english muffin. So I would eat 2 eggs w/ chz, a pile of bacon, and I could have an english muffin with it. If I didn't have enough protein and fat, my #'s would spike.

Good luck. It will be over soon. The bagel I ate after my son was born was the best food of my life!
Old 02-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gestational Diabetes recipes? I am sick of the same foods!

Thanks!! Salmon and red lentil patties sound yummy, as does hummus and chili. I've been nervous about the chili because I'm not sure what the tomatoes will do to my numbers... and because I loooooooveeeeeeee cornbread with chili and I kinda want to cry just thinking about it! LOL!

I've told anyone who will listen to me that I expect carrot cake at the ready as soon as this little one is born By then I'll be so sensitive that I will probably take one bite and be over it... but just one bite of carrot cake sounds divine!!!!