Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
The real risk of infection starts when you go to a hospital and have an internal. Stay home until labor starts. If you have a slow leak nipple stim can help get things started.
I had this same thing with #3 and 4. Nipple stim got it started both times. I figured out the best way is not a pump, but playing with nips so it feels good. Tmi I know Once labor starts, then go get checked.
Good luck!!

~Elizabeth RN~
Proud Mama to
Hannah (5/98), Parker(3/01), Sofia (7/03) and Lily(10/10)
Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #12
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
Re: Leaking fluid!

I had high slow leaks for a few days with all of my kids before true labor started. It's just how my body starts labor. I feel it everytime. Then I have a VERY slow leak. Then within a few days I have a baby.

My first baby is the only exception to this. I went to the hospital and said something about feeling a "pop" sensation the night before. They checked me, confirmed it was amnio fluid, and I was admitted immediately and herded through their system.

The next two babies, I had a high slow leak for 1 week before I delivered, and then the last one was for about 2 days before I delivered.

My MW assured me that unless there is a GUSH of fluid, the baby is showing signs of distress, or you are bleeding or develop a fever, it is okay to wait. The bag can actually re-seal itself if your body is not ready and it has broken or torn a little bit too early.

Personally - and this is just myself - I would NOT go into a hospital and let them check me for fluid.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

leaks can repair themselves... so, there's that.

but if you think you're leaking, I would get checked out.

that being said, my water broke before labor. We used a double breast pump to start contractions and avoid pitocin.

My daughter was wrapped in her cord as well and we had small amounts of fetal distress from the getgo, which they just monitored. So, it didn't stop me from being in labor.
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #14
If you're full term, wait and see if anything starts happening...but of course you should be calling your doctor! With my last baby, my water had been broken 14 hours before I started any contractions. We're all natural, so I didn't do anything to start them, that's just how my body worked.
BrownCowMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

My water was broken for just about 24 hrs before labor started, everything was just fine Most important thing, keep hands OUT! Yours and the Dr's. There shouldn't be any checks before labor begins.
Nicole Christ following, Wife to my high school Sweetheart who's ayouth pastor and sahm to Kyla 7, Makenna 4, and Levi 2, and new baby Judah 5-6-12
Knitting patterns for sale and FREE Here
mamaratliff is offline   Reply With Quote