Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #11
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Do you love Grovia shells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
I like the Grovia better than Flips for my son. He has issues with the inside PUL strip on the tummy and they are way to wide for him. He is very petite so the narrowness of Grovia & SoftBums Echos work well.

I had a huge stash of BGE, 4.0 & Flip and hated that I had to sell them all off. I tried again with the BF sale (b1g1) and they were still too wide.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
Awesome! My DD is tiny too and the Flips just seem huge in the crotch. Thanks, Jodie!

Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #12
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OP: are you a Softbums user?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #13
wisa03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love them too - I use them with prefolds or inserts (but mostly prefolds these days). LO is a skinny minny. I much prefer the snaps to the aplix - it's been a year, and the snap ones look brand new! (the aplix are still really good... I'm just not good about using the laundry tabs). I much prefer prefolds to the actual Grovia inserts, though I haven't tried their prefolds yet. We use them with flats in the pad fold too, although mostly I'm too lazy to use flats (in general). I agree with PPs about the fitteds - the stretch is pretty awesome, but they are so trim that I don't think they could hold something bulky.

Also, they are excellent swim diapers I have not tried the flips so can't compare there.
wisa03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #14
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19

I like the Grovia better than Flips for my son. He has issues with the inside PUL strip on the tummy and they are way to wide for him. He is very petite so the narrowness of Grovia & .
' k
Same here for my son! The elastic is sturdier on the grovia & the snap in soakers make life so easy! And when I am not feeling lazy, I can pad fold a flip flat in there easy peasy. I doubt it would fit over a fitted. Super trim though - no need to size up clothes! And the mesh holds a pad folded so much better than a PUL cover. I prefer the snap closure though. No wing drop here, just a simple single row of snaps
I haven't tried the stay dry soakers but hearing try last 3 hours, I may give them a try
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #15
Mack
Registered Users
seller

I love them. I use them on my 3 month old over a kissaluvs size 0 fitted. We will be transitioning soon to some other insert but probably a fitted. The 1 thing I noticed about using the grovia insert is that it will get dirty every time with a poop. Maybe that is to be expected but it's nice with a fitted that I can still use it over again.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
lalalion
Registered Users
seller

If you think Flips are too wide in the crotch, you will love GroVia. They're very narrow and take prefolds and flats well. They will work over a fitted if it is also narrow (they fit over Kiwi Pies because they are made by GroVia).
Also, zero wing droop if you get snaps because they have a hip snap
Old 02-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #17
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
GroVia shells are definitely some of my favorites, trim and great fit, they work great for us with the snap ins or padfolded flats. They are a little narrower and the rise isn't as high as flip, but for my 17 month old he is still in the med rise setting. My husband loves these so much he's asked me to buy more...he prefers the snap ins and I'll put in whatever's handy. Really well made product, I definitely love them!
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #18
ashleyg103
Registered Users

They are my favorite covers. I have some of the snap in soakers for the diaperbag and for at home I trifold or padfold in them and they fit so well.
ashleyg103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #19
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a taller toddler, but not HUGE (26.5lbs and 36 inches at 19mos). He is definitely heftier than a petite little toddler. I know a lot of people say the Grovia are only good for little/small toddlers, but they fit my guy nicely. He is on the middle rise setting with the snap wings almost touching (one exposed snap between the two). I am low-maintenance so the snap-in speakers are typically what we use. I don't have a sprayer, but because these are TPU backed soakers, I can hold the TPU part and swish in the toilet without anything (even water) getting on me.

I'll see if I can catch a picture of my chunkier kid in it this evening.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #20
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24 View Post
OP: are you a Softbums user?
No, should I be? A new addiction?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeviolin View Post
I have a taller toddler, but not HUGE (26.5lbs and 36 inches at 19mos). He is definitely heftier than a petite little toddler. I know a lot of people say the Grovia are only good for little/small toddlers, but they fit my guy nicely. He is on the middle rise setting with the snap wings almost touching (one exposed snap between the two). I am low-maintenance so the snap-in speakers are typically what we use. I don't have a sprayer, but because these are TPU backed soakers, I can hold the TPU part and swish in the toilet without anything (even water) getting on me.

I'll see if I can catch a picture of my chunkier kid in it this evening.
That would be great!

Thank you all for the input! A lot of love for Grovia.