Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Mommy2JandS
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nighttime Pull up Help

I need to come up with a better solution for my son for nighttime. He is 5 years old and not ready to be night trained, however he is leaking through the commercial pull ups (both Underjams and Good nights) even when I go up a size. I am considering going to cloth for him, but am concerned that they might bother him (he has SPD) since they aren't as trim as pull ups and he might equate them with diapers since his sister wears cloth. He's also almost too big for many cloth options. He's about 50lb, but he's also very tall which I wonder if that's affecting how the commercial pull ups fit him and causing the leaking. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
jessiesmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Nighttime Pull up Help

I had trouble with my daughter leaking through the pull ups at night and I switched her to cloth ( I did cloth diaper her as well) and she doesn't like to put it on but when I can talk her into wearing it she doesn't seem to mind it after it is on and she typically doesn't leak with them. She also has spd and it doesn't bother her for that. I use superundies.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
Amandamama
Registered Users

My 4 yr old son has severe special needs & will always be in diapers. We use the Tranquility brand All Thru the Night diaper brief for him. I order online from cheapchux.com. They as awesome!!! He gets 500 ml of fluid overnight thru his feeding tube and they have never once leaked!
I think they make pull ups too, but NOT sure if they have pull ups in the "all thru the night" style. But even the day style is super absorbent.
Be ause they are for special needs kids, they come in large sizes, starting at where typical baby diapers leave off. My son wears the XS size. You can order samples on their site too
Good luck!
Amandamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My youngest is a night wetter (just finally outgrowing it) and has SPD (both boys do). He wet through every type of sposie pull up I put on him so I bought pocket diapers for him. He is 47lbs and long and lean at 7years and I found that he can still wear Happy Heiny XL pocket diapers but he hates them because they are just like diapers (but they fit super trim) or he can wear Snap-ez pull on pocket trainers and she makes hers in all sizes up to adult (he is wearing a youth md with tons of growing room). I stuff two flats in and he is good all night no problem. He will also fit a Hiney Liney with flats laid in but we have the same problem of it looking like a diaper and he doesn't like that. His preference is the pull up trainers so he can feel like a big boy.
iris0110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You can get cloth pull-ups made that don't look at all like diapers. I was seriously considering them for my girls (aged 9 and 7) who were wetting every night, but thankfully they both just became dry on their own. I can't comment on how absorbent they are, but I think you can try different inserts, and stuff them as full as you need to, so you'll have some control over how much they'll absorb.
Ladderhill Designs was highly recommended when I was looking. They sell different styles and do custom sizing. When I contacted the owner, she was very helpful. They have patterns you can purchase too, if you'd like to try making your own.

All the best!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
NSB
Registered Users
seller

Motherease Bedwetter Pant. My most recommended nighttime pull up.
Good luck!!
Old 03-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
amegrl520
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSB
Motherease Bedwetter Pant. My most recommended nighttime pull up.
Good luck!!
These are great! I have some to sell if you're interested

amegrl520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #8
RJ6Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My son is 13 and has always wet the bed due to his ADHD and Autism. Goodnights worked the best nut not always. When we tried cloth we were using the happy hineys trainers they make them in large sizes and my son was 100 lbs when using them. He hated them but I have spent thousands of dollars on disposibles for him since birth and I was up for anything. We even tried a bedwetting pill prescription from the doctor and it helped but they took him off because it does not train them to be dry but dried them out. The last doctor who took him off told me to go to the Bedwetter store only line and buy an alarm that trains them to know when they need to use the bathroom. It has great success with younger kids but teenagers take twice as long. We just started using it a couple weeks ago and being his age he is stubburn so if I had to do it all over again I would have spent the money on it when he was younger. If this is an option for you I would try it.
Erin married to Justin since 3/2/02 , EBF, CDing, BWing, vaxing, SAHM to 7 Kids, 6 on earth and 1 in heaven. Ruben James 9/10/99 , Robert Justin 10/5/02 , Rebecca Joy 12/5/03 , Raychel Jolee 3/30/05 , **Russell Jack RIP 12/14/06**, Rylan Josiah 7/3/08 , Ramsee Jayce 4/24/11
RJ6Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote