Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2013, 03:17 AM   #11
shannoniginz
Registered Users

Re: New and trying to post ISO

I'm new to this site and having my first baby (due in January 2014) & I feel crazy overwelmed and confused is there a thread where anyone talks about how you get started or something?
I want to be more informed, before I try buying anything. This is so much info to try and take in at once! I know for sure I want to cloth diaper, at least mostly cloth diaper (some family will definitely be buying us disposables) but I want to understand more about cloth diapering first (like what's the big difference between different brands and things?)

Advertisement

shannoniginz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #12
pyang059
Registered Users

yes I wanted to do a swap and my comments got deleted because I'm new and can't swap... and I read that you have to be on here for 3 months and have 500 comments and also have a FSOT badge to be able to swap... is that true? So much work... and I just wanted to trade with another mamma
pyang059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #13
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyang059
yes I wanted to do a swap and my comments got deleted because I'm new and can't swap... and I read that you have to be on here for 3 months and have 500 comments and also have a FSOT badge to be able to swap... is that true? So much work... and I just wanted to trade with another mamma
I know it seems unfair and disappointing, but its a policy that's in place to protect the community from scammers who might drop in and try to pull something on the sly. Most people looking to scam won't bother to stick around and become part of the community, so it's a simple way to weed them out.

Check out the off-topic discussion forums and maybe even start your own thread. You can actually start threads to ask questions about cloth diapering in the cloth diaper q & a forum. You can also browse the Extra Fluffy section and comment on people's pictures of their stashes. If you're expecting now, find the due date group you belong to and go join up (just post in there that you're new here and someone can direct you to the main thread where you tell your name and due date. :-)

Also, spending all that time browsing around and getting to know people will help when you're ready to buy and sell bc you'll know some people. :-)
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #14
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

I answered in your other thread trading and swap are different. to trade you need the fsot badge. Swaps are gift exchanges not direct trades.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #15
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannoniginz View Post
I'm new to this site and having my first baby (due in January 2014) & I feel crazy overwelmed and confused is there a thread where anyone talks about how you get started or something?
I want to be more informed, before I try buying anything. This is so much info to try and take in at once! I know for sure I want to cloth diaper, at least mostly cloth diaper (some family will definitely be buying us disposables) but I want to understand more about cloth diapering first (like what's the big difference between different brands and things?)
Maybe start here:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1517229

Many of us just start out trying to buy or sell but end up sticking around.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #16
boys4me
Registered Users
seller

I understand why you need a certain amount of posts for selling or swapping, makes complete sense to me, but why do you for simple ISO? I just wanted to post a few that I've been looking for, but it won't let me do that either.
boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #17
greenasgrass
Registered Users

Since an ISO doesn't involve selling, the 'rule' is pretty BS. Not everyone has time to post unimportant nonsense... I just want to get what I need and be off on my day, ykwim?
greenasgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #18
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenasgrass
Since an ISO doesn't involve selling, the 'rule' is pretty BS. Not everyone has time to post unimportant nonsense... I just want to get what I need and be off on my day, ykwim?
There's lots of great fb swap groups and other places like hyena cart and Craigslist if the community requirements aren't something you're interested in. :-) No ones forcing anyone to use DS.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #19
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys4me
I understand why you need a certain amount of posts for selling or swapping, makes complete sense to me, but why do you for simple ISO? I just wanted to post a few that I've been looking for, but it won't let me do that either.
It's possible that its locked bc it's all one forum. But I can see them trying to protect sellers as well as buyers. Honestly it's not ever something I thought was that huge of a deal in my own opinion.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #20
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

FWIW. You can search the FSOT for the things you're ISO, and new members are allowed to responsd to FSOT posts and to buy from sellers. You just have to meet the min requirements before you're able to make your own post.