Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
5lilmonkeys
Registered Users
seller

Anyone else have a name picked out for your baby?

Our little lady's name is going to be Lillian Joan (Lily)

Advertisement

5lilmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

Willow Laila
Old 02-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
pbb119
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else have a name picked out for your baby?

Abigail Frances (Abby)
pbb119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:26 AM   #4
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Boy: States Rights IV
Girl: Fowler Caroline

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:30 AM   #5
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nathaniel Harlow
Old 02-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #6
5lilmonkeys
Registered Users
seller

Such great names! Is there any special reasin you chose the names you did? For us my husband fell in love with the name Lily and his Aunt Joan passed away last year. So our choices were:

Lily
Lillian
Lilliana
5lilmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nathaniel has been on our list for years. Harlow is my maternal grandfather's name. He died when my DS was 5 weeks 5 days old (just talked about grandpa on another thread: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...2&postcount=49 ).
Old 02-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #8
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Our boy's name is after my husband....yes, he is from the south. We battled about it with DS because I'm not gonna lie...I don't like it...and so I picked DS's 1st name & he picked his middle name. When I decided I wanted one more DH would only agree to try if we used his name if it was a boy...so I agreed, & even though this one was a surprise I'm still honoring my end of the agreement.

Our girl's first name is DH's paternal grandmother's maiden name & the middle name is just a family name that we liked with the first name.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #9
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
Our boy's name is after my husband....yes, he is from the south. We battled about it with DS because I'm not gonna lie...I don't like it...and so I picked DS's 1st name & he picked his middle name. When I decided I wanted one more DH would only agree to try if we used his name if it was a boy...so I agreed, & even though this one was a surprise I'm still honoring my end of the agreement.

Our girl's first name is DH's paternal grandmother's maiden name & the middle name is just a family name that we liked with the first name.
Okay I have to know the history. Is this a civil war thing? or is it newer then that? And are you for states rights? Because if you are not, that would be rather comical. It is a very bold name. Finally, are you just hoping for a girl so you don't have to worry about this name?

Sorry for all of the questions but the only other name I have heard that was like this wasn't from this country. An asian student in my DH's grad school was Foo Lyn You (Foolin' You). I am probably spelling that wrong. Anyway, he got in trouble by the IRS because they thought it wasn't real. So he proved that it was his real name.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #10
MacMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Levi Daniel.

Daniel Montgomery is the traditional family name for the firstborn son (of the first born son). My brother is the 8th. We aren't using that full name but wanted to honor the tradition of Daniel. Plus, that's my dad's first name (obviously, lol). I'm the firstborn in my family so my middle name is Danielle. You know, in case they didn't have a boy

As far as the first name, we like strong Biblical boys' names.

"But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me"
MacMomma is offline   Reply With Quote