Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hosting a GCDC

Any moms here host as an individual? Our local moms group has tons of CDers and we want to host the event locally. There are a few locations within an hour drive but we want something in our backyard.

Just wondering how others have made it fun. Gotten prizes? Goodie bags? Sponsors?

Advertisement

Old 02-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
brycesmommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy View Post
Any moms here host as an individual? Our local moms group has tons of CDers and we want to host the event locally. There are a few locations within an hour drive but we want something in our backyard.

Just wondering how others have made it fun. Gotten prizes? Goodie bags? Sponsors?
I'm hosting for the 3rd year & am also on the overall organizing committee so feel free to ask any questions! At my local event we do raffle prizes, goody bags, vendors & demos (such as babywearing, baby yoga & baby sign language)
brycesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycesmommy

I'm hosting for the 3rd year & am also on the overall organizing committee so feel free to ask any questions! At my local event we do raffle prizes, goody bags, vendors & demos (such as babywearing, baby yoga & baby sign language)
Great! Are you with a company or just a moms group? How do you get the items for goody bags and prizes? Just locally or do you contact cloth companies online?

Our group will have a table set up with babywearing demos and all our materials out. Probably a rep from LLL too.

Do you get people to donate snacks and drinks too?
Old 02-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
brycesmommy
Registered Users

Quote:

Great! Are you with a company or just a moms group? How do you get the items for goody bags and prizes? Just locally or do you contact cloth companies online?

Our group will have a table set up with babywearing demos and all our materials out. Probably a rep from LLL too.

Do you get people to donate snacks and drinks too?
It's just me... I co-host with our local Real Diaper Cirlce though. Once you register to host we have a list of "offers" from manufacturers for goody bag & raffle items, then you could contact local companies as well. And yes we have had people donate snacks/drinks too Here is the registration info if you need it https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-g...22011077844021
Old 02-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

It's just me... I co-host with our local Real Diaper Cirlce though. Once you register to host we have a list of "offers" from manufacturers for goody bag & raffle items, then you could contact local companies as well. And yes we have had people donate snacks/drinks too Here is the registration info if you need it https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-g...22011077844021
Great I am kind of the co-host with another mama. We are going to our location on Thursday to finalize with them. Maybe you know this answer for me.

The location is a mom's gym place. They have a big community room. We are hoping they will donate the space as a sponsor. Does that mean we have to register as a business or are we still an individual because they are just donating the space not running the event?
Old 02-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #6
brycesmommy
Registered Users

Quote:

Great I am kind of the co-host with another mama. We are going to our location on Thursday to finalize with them. Maybe you know this answer for me.

The location is a mom's gym place. They have a big community room. We are hoping they will donate the space as a sponsor. Does that mean we have to register as a business or are we still an individual because they are just donating the space not running the event?
You would still register as an individual... you're exactly right that them donating the space makes them a sponsor not host
Old 02-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

You would still register as an individual... you're exactly right that them donating the space makes them a sponsor not host
Great!! Thanks so much for all your help!