Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question What would you do?

So I'm posting this here because it's a transaction outside of DS.

Ok, so I'm having something made by a very well known WAHM. I paid the deposit in early January and was told that she'd keep me updated. Well I hadn't heard anything at all so I contacted her on Feb 10 (maybe the 9th) and asked if everything was ok. She responded on the 10th saying she had gotten behind and it should be done by the end of the week. I haven't heard back since. I REALLY don't want to bug her and I don't need the item right now, but I feel like she's screwing me time wise. She is still selling customs spots every week and I honestly feel like she just forgot to start my project. So what would you do? Like I said, I really would just like a pic or something to show me she has at least started it. FWIW, I've had another WAHM make me two outfits in the last week (more labor intensive items) and had constant updates the entire time. Sorry, I'm just a little frustrated that I'm paying a decent amount of $ and having to wait a long time with absolutely no updates.

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'd probably let her know that it was time for the item to be done and that if she intended to keep putting me off, she should issue a refund.

If I really wanted the stuff, I'd nudge her and tell her you were trying to be patient, but you really need it by _x_ date, and does that still fit her current schedule.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #3
blueberriis
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
I'd probably let her know that it was time for the item to be done and that if she intended to keep putting me off, she should issue a refund.

If I really wanted the stuff, I'd nudge her and tell her you were trying to be patient, but you really need it by _x_ date, and does that still fit her current schedule.
I'd agree with the above with the nudging. Also, request that she give you weekly updates. You're paying her. The least she could do is keep you informed. If she doesn't or gives you a hard time, f**k her and get your money back. There are so many other WAHMs that would love your patronage!
blueberriis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #4
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: What would you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post

I agree with this.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:11 AM   #5
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would also just say I need it by X date, and if she can't do that to please give you a refund as you need to buy something else. Be polite though! I have actually been in this situation before as a wahm, just accepted too many jobs and then got sick and couldn't get them done as quickly as I had originally told customers. Fortunately I told people right away that things would be delayed and everybody was very understanding. I find it a bit sad that she hasn't updated you, communication is key!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:11 AM   #6
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would also just say I need it by X date, and if she can't do that to please give you a refund as you need to buy something else. Be polite though! I have actually been in this situation before as a wahm, just accepted too many jobs and then got sick and couldn't get them done as quickly as I had originally told customers. Fortunately I told people right away that things would be delayed and everybody was very understanding. I find it a bit sad that she hasn't updated you, communication is key!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #7
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You are way more patient than I would be. I would be pissed espeically with the lack of communication and since she said they would be done by the end of the week (over a week ago) and nothing.

I would contact her and say you need the item by X date and if she can't deliver than just refund your money and then find an different WAHM that can make the item you want in a timely manner. I had this happen not to long ago and now will not buy from that WAHM again.

FWIW-- I am having some customs made from a great WAHM. She posted on her paige that some family things came up and was going to be slightly delayed. Since I am not needing my items right away I am fine with waiting. If she hadn't contacted me and it had been over a month I would not have been that understanding