Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #241
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

Re: TTC 30+ 2/22-3/22 makin' turkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer's Wife View Post
Is anyone else's AF due Wednesday? That's tmrw and I'm still getting a negative in the morn. I only test in the morning. Is it too early? I think I'm 13 dpo and some mamas get BFP at 10 dpo or earlier! I'm stressing too much! I want a BFP so bad!
Any news yet? Hope you got your BFP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh View Post
The MW called today, although it can't be confirmed, she thought it was probably a blighted ovum because my HCG was already down to 2. She said for my numbers to have fallen that quickly, that was the most likely case. As of right now the plan is when I get pregnant again to come right in for labs and make the decision on progesterone then. I still feel like my hormones are all over and that I am already gearing up to O. I am off pelvic rest now so I guess my NTNP journey begins soon.
How did the eval go? I'm sorry for your loss. Hopefully, you'll find NTNP less stressful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
Oi, so DP took me for the retrieval yesterday...it went okay. I didn't wake up in the middle, and I don't have firecrotch, so that's an improvement over last time On the downside, they were only able to retrieve 8 eggs (they got 14 last time). They injected 7 & 4 have fertilized already; they're still watching 2 more. Transfer is scheduled for Tuesday morning @ 8:15 (any P&PT coming my way around that time would be appreciated ), but DP won't be able to come with me. I'm thinking about scheduling a massage for after...the clinic gave me a Valium for the retrieval (I know I'm a bit high-strung, but geeze ), but I can't take it since I'm driving; they strongly recommend acupuncture &/or massage before or after transfer to improve success. I did acupuncture last time & it was fine, but I don't feel like it was especially helpful. And I could do the massage right there, but was thinking of going to my local place, where I'm more comfortable. It's not a pregnancy massage or anything, they just recommend it for stress relief, tissue detox, etc., and I can do that at my local place. Crazy waste of money or worthwhile relaxation?

Downside is, I'm sore...like, really pretty sore. I don't want to be at work, I just want to go home & lay on the couch. I don't remember being this sore last time. And, I get to do not just Crinone, but also progesterone oil shots. DP is completely freaked about doing the injections for me, too, though I can talk her through it. Ahhh, the wonders of reproductive technology...it'll be worth it in the end, right?
That sounds like such an ordeal. Good luck with the injections and I hope the soreness settles down soon for you. Personally, I think the massage is a brilliant idea. I would go to your usual place and enjoy. Stress relief is worth the cost, especially after all you've gone through to get to the transfer stage.

AFM, I'm pretty sure I O'd last night so I guess I'm in the 2WW now. I haven't heard back about the job yet, though. The lawyer did email me to let me know that they've stopped interviewing and that I'm the candidate they're most interested in, but they're going to wait until next week. I really hope I get an offer next week. I think having a job will be good for me if we find we're dealing with infertility (which seems likely since I'm not preggo yet.) I've realized that my sense of self-worth has taken a nose-dive since I've stayed home with DS.

On the plus side, since I'm not pregnant yet, I've managed to lose the last 12lbs of baby weight I was holding on to from DS. Now to lose the university weight

Hope everyone is having a good day, today.

Advertisement

Layney82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #242
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layney82 View Post
Any news yet? Hope you got your BFP!

How did the eval go? I'm sorry for your loss. Hopefully, you'll find NTNP less stressful.

That sounds like such an ordeal. Good luck with the injections and I hope the soreness settles down soon for you. Personally, I think the massage is a brilliant idea. I would go to your usual place and enjoy. Stress relief is worth the cost, especially after all you've gone through to get to the transfer stage.

AFM, I'm pretty sure I O'd last night so I guess I'm in the 2WW now. I haven't heard back about the job yet, though. The lawyer did email me to let me know that they've stopped interviewing and that I'm the candidate they're most interested in, but they're going to wait until next week. I really hope I get an offer next week. I think having a job will be good for me if we find we're dealing with infertility (which seems likely since I'm not preggo yet.) I've realized that my sense of self-worth has taken a nose-dive since I've stayed home with DS.

On the plus side, since I'm not pregnant yet, I've managed to lose the last 12lbs of baby weight I was holding on to from DS. Now to lose the university weight

Hope everyone is having a good day, today.
Good for you on the weight loss! Wish I could say the same...the meds make me super hungry, so I've just gained & gained. I split my pants at work the other day, so I had to go to WM & buy another pair, all the while pulling the back of my jacket down & hoping I don't end up on POWM I swear, I hope that I get pg this time...if I don't, I hope that I get a couple of embies to freeze, b/c I think DP would do the FETs & then it wouldn't have to be me. She did so much better on the meds than I do. If I needed to & the insurance covered another round, I might do one more cycle, but it's like clockwork--I start the injectibles and my appetite goes through the roof & my hair falls out. If I'm not pg, though, I think this will be a "bootcamp" spring. I have to get some of the weight off!
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #243
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Carrie, definitely get the massage! I'm a huge fan of massages! And yes, the end result is the best!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #244
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I need to get some weight off too! If I'm not prego this time, I'm going to really buckle down and do it! Anyway, still negative! Grrrrrr! I really do think I have more of a 30 day cycle rather than a 28 day cycle so that would make today my AF day. I have the stomach flu today, last night too. Sucks! Hope tmrw I feel better cause I hate not being able to take care of my kids...thank goodness for my dear mom and hubby to help!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #245
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Carrie I hope you were able to rest this evening and the soreness will quickly go away. I would definitely get a massage at the place that you are most comfortable with. I don't think a massage would be a waste at all. You deserve it.

I am right there with you girls on the weight. Between it being winter, stress eating a bit more, the weight from not being on BC for a year now, and the extreme hormone fluctuations from the losses, I have a few pounds to shed.

The eval was fine. My manager didn't know that I never had my 90 or 6 month eval. She inherited me. So that was interesting because technically I should have had a more involved eval. I have her on board to get me cross trained with a mother baby nurse, plus I am trying to get some girls from the NICU on board to help me with a NICU Breastfeeding/preemie/late preterm support group geared toward that specific population. I started an evening support group this past year and hope to have success with this one too. Plus she said she would write a letter to hopefully get some funding to attend a conference in May. This whole lactation consulting and mother baby world is just so new to me and I just haven't found my niche in the hospital yet.

I am absolutely exhausted today. We went to our music class and said goodbye to out teacher today. She has to retire due to her husband's failing health. It was pretty emotional. She really loves teaching and these music classes have filled the gap that she felt after retiring from the classroom a few years ago. Then we went to the zoo. It was so crowded. The weather was nice and since we had 2 feet of snow on the ground 2 weeks ago and it was 82 today, people were flooding into the zoo. After the zoo we headed to the robotics regionals. DH is a mentor to the High School team and my nephew is a sophomore on the team. Their robot broke in the last round today so hopefully they will get it fixed by the first round in the morning.

Last edited by tedcgh; 03-15-2013 at 08:44 PM.
tedcgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #246
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Good for you on the weight loss! Wish I could say the same...the meds make me super hungry, so I've just gained & gained. I split my pants at work the other day, so I had to go to WM & buy another pair, all the while pulling the back of my jacket down & hoping I don't end up on POWM I swear, I hope that I get pg this time...if I don't, I hope that I get a couple of embies to freeze, b/c I think DP would do the FETs & then it wouldn't have to be me. She did so much better on the meds than I do. If I needed to & the insurance covered another round, I might do one more cycle, but it's like clockwork--I start the injectibles and my appetite goes through the roof & my hair falls out. If I'm not pg, though, I think this will be a "bootcamp" spring. I have to get some of the weight off!
So sorry about the pants. That happened to me in a class at the gym last year; it was mortifying when my stretchy gym pants just gave out. I've been working hard since then, but progress is so slow. I still have another 70-80lbs to lose. Those hormones and drugs must be so hard on your body, but I'm sure once you're off them everything will regulate quickly. I'm hoping so hard for you that this is your cycle and your little embryos stick. Is the transfer set for tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer's Wife View Post
I need to get some weight off too! If I'm not prego this time, I'm going to really buckle down and do it! Anyway, still negative! Grrrrrr! I really do think I have more of a 30 day cycle rather than a 28 day cycle so that would make today my AF day. I have the stomach flu today, last night too. Sucks! Hope tmrw I feel better cause I hate not being able to take care of my kids...thank goodness for my dear mom and hubby to help!
So sorry about the illness. Hope you've gotten some relief and it passes quickly. Poor DS was up all night vomiting last night, but is back on his feet this morning. Have you tested again at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh View Post
Carrie I hope you were able to rest this evening and the soreness will quickly go away. I would definitely get a massage at the place that you are most comfortable with. I don't think a massage would be a waste at all. You deserve it.

I am right there with you girls on the weight. Between it being winter, stress eating a bit more, the weight from not being on BC for a year now, and the extreme hormone fluctuations from the losses, I have a few pounds to shed.

The eval was fine. My manager didn't know that I never had my 90 or 6 month eval. She inherited me. So that was interesting because technically I should have had a more involved eval. I have her on board to get me cross trained with a mother baby nurse, plus I am trying to get some girls from the NICU on board to help me with a NICU Breastfeeding/preemie/late preterm support group geared toward that specific population. I started an evening support group this past year and hope to have success with this one too. Plus she said she would write a letter to hopefully get some funding to attend a conference in May. This whole lactation consulting and mother baby world is just so new to me and I just haven't found my niche in the hospital yet.

I am absolutely exhausted today. We went to our music class and said goodbye to out teacher today. She has to retire due to her husband's failing health. It was pretty emotional. She really loves teaching and these music classes have filled the gap that she felt after retiring from the classroom a few years ago. Then we went to the zoo. It was so crowded. The weather was nice and since we had 2 feet of snow on the ground 2 weeks ago and it was 82 today, people were flooding into the zoo. After the zoo we headed to the robotics regionals. DH is a mentor to the High School team and my nephew is a sophomore on the team. Their robot broke in the last round today so hopefully they will get it fixed by the first round in the morning.
Glad the evaluation went well. Your job sounds really interesting. Are you an LC or a nurse (or both?). It must be so nice to have the snow gone; we're still snowed in here and I'm going a little crazy. Hope the robot got fixed in time.

AFM: I got the job this morning! I'm having dinner with my new boss on Thursday to sort out the details, but am absolutely thrilled. That means this week will be a mad rush to find a daycare spot for DS, and to get some work clothes since only 2 of my suit jackets button up. Despite being 2-3lbs under where I was pre-pregnancy, my rib cage is so much bigger. We'll have to hold off of TTC for a couple months while I get settled, but I'm hoping we can make it work right away. I'm just going to have to not take the full year mat leave and go back after 2 months.
Layney82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #247
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
So sorry about the pants. That happened to me in a class at the gym last year; it was mortifying when my stretchy gym pants just gave out. I've been working hard since then, but progress is so slow. I still have another 70-80lbs to lose. Those hormones and drugs must be so hard on your body, but I'm sure once you're off them everything will regulate quickly. I'm hoping so hard for you that this is your cycle and your little embryos stick. Is the transfer set for tomorrow?
Yes, transfer is set for 8:15am & I have a massage scheduled for 12:30...I guess I'll go do a bit of shopping & go out to lunch beforehand

Some people do better on the meds than others...I don't think I do terrible, but it's not great, either. Every time I swear I'm not doing it again, but then I do it anyway

Congratulations on your job! I read this & your other thread; it sounds like a fantastic opportunity & one that will pull you in the direction you want to go for the long-term. I think your DS & my DD are right around the same age...she's been with some sort of caregiver since she was about 6 wks. There have been times where it was tough, mostly when we had a really cruddy DCP & not a lot of options, but even then DD was fine with it...and if you're happy and fulfilled, working or not, you'll be the in a great spot emotionally to parent again. Just think of the next few months as a warm up for the main event
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #248
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Glad the evaluation went well. Your job sounds really interesting. Are you an LC or a nurse (or both?). It must be so nice to have the snow gone; we're still snowed in here and I'm going a little crazy. Hope the robot got fixed in time.

AFM: I got the job this morning! I'm having dinner with my new boss on Thursday to sort out the details, but am absolutely thrilled. That means this week will be a mad rush to find a daycare spot for DS, and to get some work clothes since only 2 of my suit jackets button up. Despite being 2-3lbs under where I was pre-pregnancy, my rib cage is so much bigger. We'll have to hold off of TTC for a couple months while I get settled, but I'm hoping we can make it work right away. I'm just going to have to not take the full year mat leave and go back after 2 months.
Congrats on the job! That sounds so exciting.

I am a LC and an RN, however right now I am only working as a LC. I miss my RN position a lot though. I worked at a pediatric hospital for 8 years and it was amazing to work with the kids.
The team got the robot fixed and they did great. They placed 10th out of 55! They ended up as alliance captains for the finals They have always been a lot lower ranked because compared to the other teams, they don't have any funding and next to zero support from the school district. They had never made it to the end before so scouting for other teams for the alliance wasn't even on our radar. Right before the alliance selections, they realized we better figure out who we might want to select. There are 8 teams of 3. Because some of the top teams recruited each other, it moved our team up into the captain spot for the 7th team and they had to select the 2 teams to join ours. Here is a simple example of how little support they get. Even today, the drama team won some award over the weekend and had a congrats post with a pic on the district Facebook page. NOT even a good job to the robotics team. Besides the tech teacher, there wasn't a single school district representative at the competition this year.

Quote:
Yes, transfer is set for 8:15am & I have a massage scheduled for 12:30...I guess I'll go do a bit of shopping & go out to lunch beforehand
Good luck Carrie. Enjoy the massage. FX for at least one sticky baby!

Last edited by tedcgh; 03-18-2013 at 12:47 PM.
tedcgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #249
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Still no AF and its cd 33, still BFNs!!! I'm so upset! Either I'm late and it's coming or I ovulated later than I thought and I'm prego! With my first baby I wasn't as obsessed and test only 3 times in one week, was a whole week late until I finally tested positive! Maybe it's just that scenario again. My sister with her first, tested negative until 6-7 weeks along, including doctors urine and blood tests.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #250
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just realized something!! I counted days between periods since nov. so nov-dec was 33 days. Then dec-jan was 30 days. Then jan-feb was 33 days. Interesting! So maybe I'm not actually late after all!? Today is cd 33. I think Oct-nov was longer, like 35 days at least. I really thought I was prego then and we were TTA so that was scary!