Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2014, 06:39 AM   #1
MommyInME
Registered Users

Unexpected C Section

I have been wandering around different boards on here checking things out and thought I would post here since I had an unexpected C-Section.

My daughter was born August 27, I was actually due on Sept 1. I went in for my regular doctors appointment on the 26th and when I got home and was making lunch- my water broke so off to docs office who sent me to the hospital.

I was strept B positive so I was started on antibiotics, I was also put on Pitocin. I was admitted at 2pm, had my epi at 9 pm.... but I wasn't fully dilated til around 6 am on the 27th. We waited til 7 to start pushing bc my doc was coming in at 7am for her rotation at the hospital. My babys head was face up and at an angle so after pushing for 3 hours.... and almost hitting the 24 hour mark of my water breaking- we talked and decided to go for a C Section.

I was so tired by the time I gave birth, everything was a blur. I remember my husband bringing our daughter over by me and I remembering that she was just so beautiful and I couldn't believe we did it. I went into recovery while my husband stayed with our daughter. I really wanted skin to skin like i could have really gotten with a vaginal birth.... but it is what it is.

I was brought to our room before our baby was done with all the things they were doing.... so when they brought her in.... we tried to breastfeed and she took to me like a charm! I feel so lucky that we have been able to bf so well.

Recovery went well. We had a rough night nurse at the hospital our second night there. We ended up going home after 2 nights instead of staying 3 nights. I just wanted to get home and my back was killing me from the hospital bed.

I spent the first 2 nights at my moms since she had a recliner and then the next week or 2 at home on my couch lol It felt so nice when I was able to get back to bed and sleep in my sheets and blankets I did develop a small infection. I caught it early and was put on antibiotics. But that was the only complication.

I wasn't expecting to have a C Section but i was rewarded with a beautiful baby girl She is now 2 months old: )

Thanks for listening to my story.

Advertisement

MommyInME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:40 AM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Unexpected C Section

Congrats on your baby. Thankfully all turned out okay.

I too had an unplanned C-section with my first to and a semi unplanned with my 3rd. He was scheduled for a C-section but wound up a week earlier than planned.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:15 AM   #3
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

Congrats & I'm glad all went well!
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #4
mmmarmalade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Glad to hear everything went well! Congrats on a new girl! I came down with a UTI a few days after I got home with my last. No fun trying to heal, taking care of a newborn and then getting an infection on top of it! Glad you're doing well now

Marmalade Baby
mmmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't expect a caesarean with our twins but it turned out to truly be an amazing night. I have nothing but positive memories and wouldn't change it for the world.

ETA: The next day when in-laws started visiting is a different story. We needed a lot more 'us' time before being bombarded by outsiders.

Last edited by raymark; 11-03-2014 at 01:14 PM.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote