Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
nbert921
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Bad Rash! anyone else have this happen...

My dd has been potty training for about 2 weeks. she's doing great and i'd say 95% PT. However, she has a TERRIBLE rash on her bum. it's right where her skin touches the potty chair. we are just using a plastic potty chair and plastic potty seat. is this an allergic reaction? is it the cleaner (ive just been using dish soap and water to clean it)? is it just because her skin has to get used to not wearing a diaper and the friction of up/down on the potty? has any one else experienced this?! i can take pictures when i get home from work if that helps to see it.

Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
WinterBaby
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bad Rash! anyone else have this happen...

DD had that too. I think it was from pee going on her bottom and not getting wiped off well. I was wiping her in the front but not realizing that pee was splashing up all over her bottom from the potty seat. (When we pee in a toilet that doesn't happen.). Also for some reason after we started potty training, it seemed like her disposable diaper we used for naps and night was irritating her skin more and she was scratching and it became a bad cycle causing more irritation. We switched to cloth night trainers for nap and night, and that seems to have helped.
WinterBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #3
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

All of our littles have gotten a chappy bum when potty learning. I usually appy some barrier type cream. I think it is pretty common. Their tush is just not used to the new situation
Old 03-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
ljustice1968
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, my son had the same problem and he has sensitive skin. I stopped using Lysol on the seat, but you aren't doiing that, so...I second the mama who says to wipe the bottom and not just the front. Also we used a little bonus 'nekky butt' time as incentive/reward. Both kids loved to run around nekky butt after going potty, and their skin got a chance to breathe. That seemed to help him a lot when we started doing it again.
ljustice1968 is offline   Reply With Quote