Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Lunch!

I'm really good about meal planning for dinners, however when it comes to lunch I'm always scrambling last minute and I never seem to buy lunch items when I go to the grocery store. During the week it is me and my toddler if I'm not at work , I'd love to pack my lunch for work as but gets expensive. Friday dh is home and weekends everyone is here (2 big girls). Help!

Advertisement

Old 03-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
kanga1622
Registered Users

I take leftovers for lunch almost every day. If there are no leftovers from the night before, I always have grilled chicken, pulled pork, or ham in my freezer in single serve portions. I pack DS a lunch every day to take to daycare and those three are staples of his lunch routine. Throw in some fruit and veggies and bread for sandwiches if you prefer and you are set.

When I make my meal plan, I actually write down what we will be having for lunch as well. Then I always know if I will have to thaw something out overnight or if I will have leftovers to take.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 03-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
Krissyboo236
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lunch!

Lately I've been making really good soups from canned soups! Toss 2 cans of soup into a pot (Get creative, one time I mixed split pea and tomato, it turned into something beautiful) and add your own meat, vegetables, grains and seasoning.
Krissyboo236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I usually do leftovers for lunch if possible. Here's our options if no leftovers available.

Soup
chicken pot pie
eggs
quasadias

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

On Sundays, I make my meal plan for the week as well as my grocery list. I plan all meals and snacks. I consider what is on sale that week when making my meal plan. I'm sahm, ds gets a packed lunch most days, and dh either buys or has lunch provided by his company if he has a working lunch meeting during lunch.

Lunches for me can be leftovers, a wrap, sandwich, soup, salad, fruit plate with cottage cheese.

Ds gets a fruit, fresh veggie daily and usually one of three options for his main entrée...sandwich, mac and cheese, or a chicken wrap.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #6
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I do lots of ramen( Well rice noodle ..no MSG kind and add lots of veggies.)
I do salads.
I eat chex cereal.
I do nachos.
I do can soup (Progresso).
(I have to eat Gluten free. )
I give DD lots of stuff that I don't eat/can't eat.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote