Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
Registered Users
New Here!

Hey! I have been a member of ds but mostly fsot area I think I might have introduced my self here before, but I forget Well a little background, married in 2007, found out I would need extensive medical intervention to conceive children. So we know that would be out of the picture because of being unaffordable, so we checked out our options for adoptions. After much prayer, we went with our local child welfare office. We became foster parents toward the end of 2011. We met our sweet son on 12/29/11. He was just born a few days earlier. We took him home a few days later and bonded to this little boy. His birth parents made a very heart wrenching & brave decision just before my son was 6 months old. They chose to terminate their rights. That made him free to adopt. We adopted him about 2m later. We adopted him 8/22/12.

We took a while off of foster care, and recently accepted placement of a 1mo. He didnt know his parents, he spent his first month in the hospital. We brought him into our home about 6weeks ago. We are hoping to adopt him, but hi case is still new and can go any way. There is an interested relative trying to seek placement although I m not to sure she is really ready for the reality of raising a medically fragile child forever... Of course if he is able to be adopted we would love to... I have already fallen in love with this sweet little child.

trasta209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
My Mood:
Re: New Here!

Welcome! Feel free to jump into the chat thread too if you need/want to talk about the day to day of fostering/adopting.
Married to Scott and Mama to Evelyn (5) Annabelle (3) and Abraham (1)

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
Registered Users
I, mama to dd A (3-08) dfs J (10/11) and in love with newbie dfd N! (10/13)
hopeful pre-adoptive foster family
newmommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote