Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
sonatalady7
Registered Users

Registering for cloth diapers

I'm putting together the items that I'd like to register for, and I'd love to include cloth diapers in that list, but I'm finding that the more research I do, the more options I come up with...and the less clear I am about what I need/want!!

So here are my thoughts...

I'd like to give the AIO's a shot, but honestly, I think they're going to be too expensive to use all the time. So...I'm planning to go with mostly prefolds and covers. I'd like to register for some, but there are just SO many options...how do I even know where to start?! Obviously the goal is to have a diaper that absorbs well, keeps wetness away from baby as much as possible, and doesn't leak.

Do you have advice for what to register for to start with? Obviously I'm going to end up buying some things on my own, but it would be great to have them as an option on the registry.

Any thoughts you have would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

Advertisement

sonatalady7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
Helloloni
Registered Users
seller

You might ask for diapers that do double duty. For instance, Grovia shells can be covers over flats or prefolds or fitted a, you can buy the grovia insert or use a disposable insert, and grovia shells make awesome swim diapers because of the inner mesh. I love the fit on my baby and they air out quickly.

I would skip the all in ones. A dryer is harsh on cloth diapers but they take forever to line dry! Don't be afraid of cheap diapers, either. I love my $6 Alvas, my $9 kawaii, and my $8 DiaperRites as much as my $17 bum genius! Register for the pricier ones though haha.
Helloloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Registering for cloth diapers

I'm planning on going simple, prefolds and covers. However since both are relatively cheap, and I know people are going to buy for me, I registered for some easy diapers, BG freetimes.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

It is hard to know exactly what you will like and you'd hate to be stuck with something that fits weird or just isn't "right". When it came to registering for diaper stuff, I stuck to some basics. I registered for a couple dozen infant prefolds, thirsties duo wraps, pail liners, wipes, wet bags and snappis. I'm glad I didn't register for AIOs or pockets because it has taken me some time to decide which systems/styles work for us.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #5
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am putting the main types I want on my registry.
I made a website that has links to all the different item I want. That way I can have a list and they can just click and decide what they want to get me. I figure that way I know they will get me brands and styles I like. I don't want to just ask for prefolds and covers because I know I can afford to get those on my own if need-be so I listed all the newborn aios and fitteds as well as the prefolds I want and covers I want.
alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #6
sonatalady7
Registered Users

Great tips! I'll probably register for a mix of things...mostly the more expensive things because...well, you've pointed it out! ;-)

Thanks for your help!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

how are you doing your registry? If you do amazon.com I would do things available there, like osocosy prefolds and thirties duo covers. There are a lot of other items but that is the route I would take. With the web site being familiar people may be more likely to buy them.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #8
sonatalady7
Registered Users

I think I'm going to register at Babies R Us and Target so I'll see what they have that I can register for. Also, some friends of mine own a cloth diaper shop in the town that I grew up in. I'll likely set up a registry there too...specifically for cloth diapers and accessories. Unfortunately their prefold options are pretty limited, but as others have pointed out, I'm not really hoping to get many of those from my registry anyway. Sound good?
Old 02-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #9
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
If you are really hoping to get CD stuff off your registry, make sure to have cute options! I have found people are much more likely to buy something in a pretty color/pattern, etc... Bc who wants to be at a shower and the mom opens a pack of prefolds- yawn.
I registered on amazon and used their pass-through feature (forget what it was called) for some stuff at Kellys Closet. People were amazed at the BG newborn dipes and my friend said her mom was pawing all over them.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #10
tuxgirl
Registered Users

You can register at amazon for things on other websites. That's what I would do. Babies r us and target don't have much worthwhile in terms of diapers in my experience.
tuxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote