Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
PW wet bags

If you have these, how long have they worked well for you? I have 3 and I have been really disappointed. I have used them for about 15 months but I have 2 FB wet bags that get used most of the time. My PW wet bags have been used about once every 10-14 days. They are leaking though :-( My FB are still going strong, as are my PW pail liners which get washed at least 1-2 times each week. Is this normal? I know they are outside of their warranty but I'm just bummed that they are frequently leaking. Is this normal for them?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: PW wet bags

I have had mine for up to 20 months with no leaks. Some are newer as in 5 months old. I did not purchase them as replacement wetbags. We just use a lot of wetbags. I typically have 2-3 in each load of diaper laundry. Sometimes even more. However I also have 4 fuzzibunz wet bags that partially delaminated within a few months of use and also leak. I do still use them but am more careful with them. I have had them about the same time I have had my planetwise wetbags.

Summer will be here before we know it. We swim a lot during the summer. I plan on getting more wetbags. At least 1 per person and possibly 2 per person for carrying wet swim stuff to and from the pool. I plan on getting more of the planetwise wetbags.

I forgot to add I am not gentle with my wetbags. I wash in 140 degree water and soak 6-8 hours in oxyclean, borax, and detergent. Of course also in water as well. I used to hang dry my wetbags. Now I just machine dry them.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 02-26-2013 at 12:01 AM.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #3
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Interesting. My FB wet bags each get washed 1-2 times a week and they are still great - exact opposite if you. I am thinking that I will order 1-2 from Monkey Foot Designs for the new baby.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #4
Belbaby3728
Banned

I hate PW. My large hanging wetbag that was washed 2-3 times a week was shot after a year- pul has holes/cracks everywhere and thus isn't waterproof. I have a 2nd smaller one that is probably 6ish months old that is slowly doing same thing. A 3rd small one that I bought used is in best shape but seems to slowly be losing waterproofness. I got 2 kangacare bags recently to replace them.
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:58 AM   #5
qhorses8
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had a lg pw wet bag that I used for long weekend trips, I never thought it contained smell well and it someone rinsed a poppy diaper and put it in wet it would eventually wick. I have a Kanga kare now I like but I haven't tested it out like that.
qhorses8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #6
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 2 large PW wet bags that I've used since 2009 with no issues.
We use them for dirty diaper storage so they each get washed at least once a week.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #7
Erin1712
Registered Users

I have 11 PW wet bags. 3 small for wipes, 2 medium for the diaper bag and 6 large for everyday use. I use 2 a week for sure. One on the change table and one in the bathroom after the poopy diapers are sprayed. I have never had any leak and the smell is contained pretty good. If there is a seriously nasty one then it may smell but even the bags that hold the diapers that have been sprayed off doesn't leak or wick. I also wash them once a week with all my diapers in hot/warm water. I also have had some for 2 years and others for a bit over a year.
Erin1712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #8
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I wonder if it has to do with different batches. Maybe you got and the pp with a bad experience had a bad batch. One that did alright to begin with but just didn't have the same longevity as the others.

I too want to try monkey foot designs but just because they have such good reviewed. I kinda feel like I am missing out on something not having tried them. They are just so expensive. Plus I just don't like the available prints.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #9
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin1712 View Post
I have 11 PW wet bags. 3 small for wipes, 2 medium for the diaper bag and 6 large for everyday use. I use 2 a week for sure. One on the change table and one in the bathroom after the poopy diapers are sprayed. I have never had any leak and the smell is contained pretty good. If there is a seriously nasty one then it may smell but even the bags that hold the diapers that have been sprayed off doesn't leak or wick. I also wash them once a week with all my diapers in hot/warm water. I also have had some for 2 years and others for a bit over a year.

I am glad to see someone else has a good number of wetbags. I read so many saying they have only 1 or 2 that get hardly any use. I have 1 large pw, 4 medium(3pw,1wahm), 4 small pw wetbags, 1 pw wipes wetbag, and 3 fuzzibunz wetbags. Both my husband and I find ourselves needing more.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #10
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Weird, I LOVE mine. I've had nothing but success. I have a seconds liner and a large wetbag I've been using for 3 1/2 years and it gets washed probably 2x a week, every week. The fabric is completely torn off the wetbag (as to be expected) but the PUL looks brand new on both and is totally leakproof. I'd contact them.