Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
nw2bargaining
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
A bit annoyed

Today I am looking through the fsot and I see the very items that I had sold a few weeks ago for sale at double the price. I cant b mad, thats business. What bothers me is that the mama said that she did not have a lot of money to spend and that her family was going to have financial troubles shortly, so I made an excellent deal. I even took a loss on the items. I wanted to be 100% about my posting and due to me not listing in a correct way I refunded money. I did what I thought was fair. I have paid for items that were not worth it or not as described and I don't want my name associated with that. I also wanted to help a mama out.

Now I see the financial hardship has been delayed another 2 months from what I was told. I just feel swindled. Anyone else feel like this lately?

Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: A bit annoyed

So to be clear, you sold something accidentally not as described, refunded the money and now the buyer is selling them at a different price. I don't know how you could take a loss unless you sold for less than the shipping cost?
I'm trying, but I can't figure out why you are annoyed.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nw2bargaining View Post
Today I am looking through the fsot and I see the very items that I had sold a few weeks ago for sale at double the price. I cant b mad, thats business. What bothers me is that the mama said that she did not have a lot of money to spend and that her family was going to have financial troubles shortly, so I made an excellent deal. I even took a loss on the items. I wanted to be 100% about my posting and due to me not listing in a correct way I refunded money. I did what I thought was fair. I have paid for items that were not worth it or not as described and I don't want my name associated with that. I also wanted to help a mama out.

Now I see the financial hardship has been delayed another 2 months from what I was told. I just feel swindled. Anyone else feel like this lately?
You should contact a Mod! If you think that someone is giving sob stories for discounts & then reselling for 2x the price.... Please contact a MOD!

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
paper_girl_76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am a little confused with your story, but I agree with the pp about contacting a mod if you think she is telling sob stories to get a discount and selling for twice as much!

Last edited by paper_girl_76; 02-27-2013 at 09:48 AM.
paper_girl_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

maybe her family needs the money more than the item?

but i agree if you think this member is lying with sob stories to get good deals i would contact someone about it
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
slyeates
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Maybe she no longer wants the item because it was not as described, but she didn't want to be out the money to ship it back to you?

Sent from my iPad using DS Form
Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #7
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Did you refund in full or do a partial refund?

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #8
nw2bargaining
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I only refunded part of the money. In my opinion that was fair. What happened was I posted additional items into a link on a post I already had. The items in the link I did not specify condition so it could be assumed the items were in Euc (which was the condition of the items in the origional post),which imo they were not due to wash wear. I notified the mama and to be fair refunded some of what she paid. I don't want to misleas anyone in regards to items I sell.

As I stated, business is business. We made a deal and she can resell for what she wants. I was a bit annoyed by the fact that I was told about financial troubles approaching one month and then I see another post by her stating another month. Idk but if your're in need ur in need. You have another baby on the way and ur reselling the items and describe them as like new or euc for way more than what u paid. I was just feeling like my honesty and kindness was disreguarded for profit. It just makes me think twice before trying to be nice and/or helpful.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #9
nw2bargaining
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes the loss came from me not charging enough to cover shipping.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #10
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

I gave tons of stuff away ffs and saw them on the board for almost retail. It really upset me since I did it to be nice and felt taken advantage of. But the mamas on here pointed out that she was selling the things to get money which will help out ,so in the end it worked out. Don't assume that just because the financial stuff was pushed back it wasn't real to begin with. It may have been that it was one of those really great moments where you get a reprieve and someone does something really nice for you all at once. Kind of like when you get an unexpected bonus and a huge tax refund,all of the sudden what was terrible is now all better,sadly it works the other way too and things fall apart quickly. But you did a great thing and now she is going to have the money to buy what she needs BECAUSE OF YOUR KINDNESS! You did a great thing and someone will pay it forward to you when you need it.