Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #11
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Re: Easter baskets What u ladies doing

My daughter is only 8 months, but I need ideas for her basket. It's her first Easter and while I know SHE doesn't have a clue what's going on, I want it to be special.

Any WAHM ideas for a child this young?

Feel free to spam.

Advertisement

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #12
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My kiddos each get an outfit, DD is getting a dress from Costco, ODS will get a shirt and pants most likely (I'd love to make them but we're moving on Easter or just before so probably won't get to it) and YDS will be getting a pair of longies, and a cute shirt.

Then the older 2 get a game/movie/xbox game to share, sunglasses, new underwear, and a couple treats. I'll also put in some playsilks if I have a chance to dye them up.

YDS is only 9 months so in his basket he'll get some fruit, and I'm thinking about a hat, sunglasses and a little toy.

We might also just get them one big present for the new house, but we haven't really decided yet.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #13
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
Formerly: unbreakableangel
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only View Post
My daughter is only 8 months, but I need ideas for her basket. It's her first Easter and while I know SHE doesn't have a clue what's going on, I want it to be special.

Any WAHM ideas for a child this young?

Feel free to spam.
2 Easters ago I got each one of my kids a wool bunny from Little Stitch (she still makes them!). They still have them and love them. Ds2 was about 5 months old that Easter and he totally loved it. He chewed on those ears something fierce!

I also highly recommend these little gnomes. They are about 6 inches tall for the small ones and 12 inches tall for the medium ones.

small

medium

I make them or if you knit there are several gnome patterns on ravelry.
ISO/IHA!
Reuben Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #14
eflannery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We like to do art supplies - coloring books, contruction paper, paints, markers, etc...

Otherwise I've also done hair clips and bows, flip flops or shoes, books, jewelry (like costume jewelry), lip gloss, shower gel.

Books, games or puzzles may be nice too.

Mama to Regan Louise Born July 5, 2007
and Quinn Annmarie : Born March 30th, 2013
Baby #3 expected to arrive June 14th, 2015!
eflannery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #15
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This year I'm not really excited about doing their Easter baskets. I usually have everything bought or at least planned by this point. My kids just have so much stuff. They don't need or want anything. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I want to do it b/c I want to keep the magic of the Easter Bunny alive, but don't just want to buy a bunch of stuff just to buy a bunch of stuff.......
Old 03-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #16
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok Ive worked out what were doing this year. Gardening tools for the girls, a large dyed by me playsilk for each (35x84), sidewalk chalk and bubbles. I want to put it all in a wheelbarrow instead of useless baskets but I don't want to pay 40 bucks for one so I'm on the look out.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #17
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

Nothing specific planned yet, but Bright Life Toys NEVER disappoints in her incredible goods and things like her hand kites, play silks, stuffies, and Waldorf toys are PERFECT for spring baskets.
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #18
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

Last year my DD was 18 months old and I got her the movie Bambi along with a Thumper Easter board book and a Jesus loves me board book. I also put a plush bunny in there, a Barbie doll I think and a couple of easter themed little toys. I filled the eggs with Cheerios, goldfish, dehydrated fruit (strawberries and blueberries) and some of those dehydrated yogurt things.

This year she had candy for Halloween and Christmas, so I'll probably put some candy as well as the healthy stuff. I was thinking some marshmallows and jellybeans, but nothing crazy. She still really likes dehydrated fruit and I'll likely do the cereal again.

A friend of my filled her sons eggs with blueberries. I thought that was a great idea for an outside egg hunt, but not on my carpet. LOL
Old 03-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #19
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

As a child I always got avocados in my Easter basket (and Christmas stocking too!) because I loved them so much. The blueberries reminded me of that My kids eat avocados every day, so I definitely think I'll continue that tradition.
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #20
MommaMal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
For the 6 year old I am doing some fancy hair elastics, headbands, berry scented detanglwr spray, a bedazzled brush and then will fill it in with a bit of candy, crayons and a coloring book.

The toddler is getting two large bottombumpers ( hot pink and grape), chunky crayons, a couple board books and maybe a stuffed animal.

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."-Janis Joplin
MommaMal is offline   Reply With Quote