Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Unhappy Any young-planned mamas after unplanned miscarriages?

My fiance and I have been through 2 unplanned (NTNP) pregnancies both resulting in miscarriages (6.5 weeks in 2/12 and 9 weeks 11/12).
We are planning on a anniversary wedding in May and originally wanted to wait until September to start trying for various reasons.
It's getting harder and harder to think that we have another 9 months to go, especially this last miscarriage so I'm considering proposing TTCing as soon as the honeymoon. Since I've already had 2 miscarriages, I feel like it may not be so easy of a road to conceive and maintain our next pregnancy either, and starting early would give us more time, if that makes any sense. My question is, have any mamas out there TTC'ed earlier than planned to help the grief of a miscarriage?

Thoughts? Stories? Advice?

Last edited by Krissyboo236; 02-28-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Krissyboo236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Any young-planned mamas after unplanned miscarriages?

Well this isn't exactly what you are asking, but I conceived my two girls when I was young (21 and 23) with no issues but now we've been ttc since I was 25 and now I'm 29 and no luck (we did get pg in Nov, but lost the baby) so I say start as early as possible. I felt very strongly that it was the time for us to start ttc, even though my dh was in school and so was I and we had no money, but now looking back I think if I would have waited I wouldn't have my two precious girls.
Amy, mom to Allie-1/06, Hannah-4/08, and Lucy-12/13 always missing baby 'M' (7 weeks)
Sometimes mama/auntie to N (5/09) and Z (8/10)
Yarns, YYMN and patternsHERE
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote