Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
skilgore
Registered Users
seller

I started researching cloth before I even was expecting and thought I had my mind made up. Now that I have a 3 month old I am seriously let down with cloth. I have tried fuzzibunz one size pockets but can't find the right fit with all the snaps. I also always had wicking around the edges with these. I have tried BG pockets and don't like the stiffness the Velcro causes. It makes him sit awkwardly. Also BG seems so wide in the crotch!! I have tried prefolds and covers and don't like how wet it leaves ds's skin versus a stay dry option like a pocket. I also don't like layering different things because they get scrunched up. I have tried thirsties duo aio and loved the fit but they always seems to wick onto his clothes. So experienced mamas what do I need to try in order to love cloth?! I'm not ready to give up yet

Advertisement

Last edited by skilgore; 04-07-2013 at 02:09 PM.
skilgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
Kait5757
Registered Users
seller
seller

Try a stay dry fitted with a cover! I'm finding this is my favorite. I know you said you don't like layering, but you could lay a fleece liner in your prefold to keep him dry. I hate the wet feeling too.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

If you hate layering but like stay dry, you should try a nanas bottom aio with the back left open to add a doubler. Yoi should also try a OS simplex. If you leave the soaker unstuffed it has a stay dry layer.
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

What about adding a hemp booster to your thirsties? If you like the fit I would try that. How often do you change baby? I have heard the thirsties aio are not super absorbent alone but a booster would probably cute that.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dncnshu00
If you hate layering but like stay dry, you should try a nanas bottom aio with the back left open to add a doubler. Yoi should also try a OS simplex. If you leave the soaker unstuffed it has a stay dry layer.
Yes love nana's bottoms too.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
skilgore
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saharan
What about adding a hemp booster to your thirsties? If you like the fit I would try that. How often do you change baby? I have heard the thirsties aio are not super absorbent alone but a booster would probably cute that.
If I am using the thirsties duo aio I have to change him probably every hour. If he pees twice then he leaks.
skilgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Need help loving cloth

Try the booster mama it might solve the leaking problem for you.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

a one-size simplex might meet your needs and I hear it's trimmer in the crotch. You might also want to consider an AI2 system--grovia is also trim in the crotch area.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #9
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

I would try a good booster in your thirsties AIO first & if you don't love that, I also recommend grovia shells with a snap in stay dry soaker. Pockets leaked / wicked for me too.
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #10
Nattiecake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I never liked pockets because they leaked. I use flats and covers. It's more work, but more payoff and totally adjustable. I add fleece liners if I want my little guy to feel dry (usually only at night).

I think like others have said, you probably just need more absorbency if your babe is leaking after 2 pees. If money permits, you could try a few different kinds of diapers, too. I tried like every kind of diaper and a bunch of different brands (thank goodness for the FSOT board here!) before I found what diaper system worked best for us.

+ + + + + my boutique baby shop
Nattiecake is offline   Reply With Quote