Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #151
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeeof4+
i just took the "jump" after like most of us i had tried everything! i have no pockets, aios or fitteds left-i even sold what i was saving for future babies because i know this is the best way to cd (for me at least) and the few convienience dipes i was hanging on to i sold after realizing they just were not easier at all than padfolding a flat! your last paragraph i agree with COMPLETELY!
I did this too! I have all of my old style BGE listed. That is unheard of for me lol! But flips and flats are my tried and true system so everything else is sold/listed!

Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #152
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Receiving Blanket Flats Picture Overload :)

believe me mama once everything is sold you will feel so good lol i am loving it!!!! im never turning back i have a handful of prefolds i am hanging on to, it was good when i didnt do laundry for 4 days when we were all sick and i ran out of flats and rb flats, i do love prefolds still but for me there is no need to have more than a handful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuel View Post
I did this too! I have all of my old style BGE listed. That is unheard of for me lol! But flips and flats are my tried and true system so everything else is sold/listed!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #153
hlucas777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This is so awesome! I recently did the exact same thing and now only have flats and flips. Well a few other covers too. I have mostly ikea flats and gmd large. I have a few Swaddlebees old prints on the way. I was about to order some bamboo or hemp flats but i May make my way over to target an hour away and get some awesome prints. Lol. I am a sucker for prints (why i have spent numerous hours hunting down discontinued prints) Lol. So What do you ladies do for nighttime flat usage? :-) Anybody take the flats and handwashing challenge last year? Anybody planning on doing it this year? How do the circo rb wash up? Hang dry? :-) Thanks for any info. Oh here's a pic of a towel I wanted to try out as a flat lol

Last edited by hlucas777; 04-08-2013 at 12:28 PM.
hlucas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:33 AM   #154
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm thinking about ordering a dozen more but cant decide between gmd or diaper rite. I have 1 dozen imagine bamboo but I'm thinking about serging those myself because the hem is bugging me lol

I have 8 circo receiving blanket flats and need 4 more to make a dozen . I thought about just getting enough of them to have two dozen but I kinda want to try the others....ahhhhh choices! Who would have thought flats would have so many choices lol

I love that the receiving blankets are square and serged. They lay so flat. I am going to have to cut the tags off of them all though, they are driving me crazy. I just wish the osocozy were bigger

Sorry for the ramble...coffee hasn't reached my brain yet!
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #155
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeeof4+ View Post
believe me mama once everything is sold you will feel so good lol i am loving it!!!! im never turning back i have a handful of prefolds i am hanging on to, it was good when i didnt do laundry for 4 days when we were all sick and i ran out of flats and rb flats, i do love prefolds still but for me there is no need to have more than a handful!
I already feel like a weight has been lifted lol! I know how silly that sounds but I was only holding onto my BGE because you can't buy them anymore. I love how everything in my dryer is dry in like 10 minutes now lol.

We have 12 blueberry hemp inserts that I'm keeping for an "easy" diaper if I need to just put it in a Flip. Other than that, it's flats all day every day

We do use pockets at night but I only have 6 and they are only for nights.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #156
megshmeg
Registered Users
seller
seller

Glad to hear other mamas sold their other stuff off and don't regret it! I am really kind of tired of "trying new things" and this works so well; I just want to streamline and never look back. I don't like diapers that get the stinkies too often and need to be stripped a ton. And our water is REALLY expensive here. I actually am wondering currently if our water bill from washing diapers is almost equal monthly to buying disposables. I am not even kidding - our water bill was that high, and we take precautions to save water too (such as I only take quick showers every other day, the kids get a bath with a little water every other day, but DH does shower every morning; we use a dishwasher). But for dipes I have to do a large, heavy load to make sure they get clean enough. SO, I am thinking, flats seem easier to clean and could be a very reasonable option, and honestly I feel a bit bad about how much I have spent trading/trying different dipes to see what I like best, so maybe I can ACTUALLY make cloth diapers a tool for saving $ with flats. The length a lot of my dipes take in the dryer is excessive, too. I love to hang dry out back but it's been so cold. Anyway, looking forward to warm weather.

I may cut the tags off my Circo rb's as well. That's annoying me, too.
megshmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #157
megshmeg
Registered Users
seller
seller

Glad to hear other mamas sold their other stuff off and don't regret it! I am really kind of tired of "trying new things" and this works so well; I just want to streamline and never look back. I don't like diapers that get the stinkies too often and need to be stripped a ton. And our water is REALLY expensive here. I actually am wondering currently if our water bill from washing diapers is almost equal monthly to buying disposables. I am not even kidding - our water bill was that high, and we take precautions to save water too (such as I only take quick showers every other day, the kids get a bath with a little water every other day, but DH does shower every morning; we use a dishwasher). But for dipes I have to do a large, heavy load to make sure they get clean enough. SO, I am thinking, flats seem easier to clean and could be a very reasonable option, and honestly I feel a bit bad about how much I have spent trading/trying different dipes to see what I like best, so maybe I can ACTUALLY make cloth diapers a tool for saving $ with flats. The length a lot of my dipes take in the dryer is excessive, too. I love to hang dry out back but it's been so cold. Anyway, looking forward to warm weather.

I may cut the tags off my Circo rb's as well. That's annoying me, too.
megshmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #158
NovemberRain
Registered Users

That's adorable!
NovemberRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #159
NovemberRain
Registered Users

Quote:

I have 3 BGEs that I bought from CBs during a recent 2nds sale, but they take forever to dry and my LO has a sensitive bum and needs the suedecloth to keep him dry. I tried WAHM fleece liners but they irritated him.
NovemberRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #160
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm getting there...lol...BGE's are great diapers, but they just aren't fitting my lo very well. Most are sold but I did hold onto 6...but I think they are going to go too.
When I leave the house, my most trustworthy diaper is a padfolded flat...never a leak in this! I am liking the Imagine bamboo flats, even with the hem they lay pretty flat for me. I just hate folding...
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote