Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #161
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Receiving Blanket Flats Picture Overload :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskamum View Post
I'm getting there...lol...BGE's are great diapers, but they just aren't fitting my lo very well. Most are sold but I did hold onto 6...but I think they are going to go too.
When I leave the house, my most trustworthy diaper is a padfolded flat...never a leak in this! I am liking the Imagine bamboo flats, even with the hem they lay pretty flat for me. I just hate folding...
That's how it's gotten for us too. She has massive thighs so needs to be on the largest rise in BGE which was just not a good fit. I could hold onto them hoping she will slim down when she gets mobile but I don't like to just have things (anything, not just diapers) sitting around not being used

They are the BEST AIO we have had though. Never ever leaked. Even with an added doubler when my oldest was using them at night at 2.5 yrs old.

And I was babying them because they are discontinued. Almost like I was afraid to use them!

Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #162
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have really old bges like when they were still called organics. Of course they are really holey but functional. I am actually debating taking the inside out using that as a dbler and using the pul as a cover. I wonder if I would actually use them more that way.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #163
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

As for destashing things--well I am pregnant and hormonal so I will wait until after the nb stage.

I do have bg 4.0s for night and simplex os for out and about. Everything else is flats and pfs. My hormones want me to buy poppyfields but I do not htink I will do it bc I LOVE the rb flats. I will have 16 I believe bc my mother and sister bought me 3 packs combined so I will be getting those soon. LOL I do not think they know it is for diapers they would never buy me a cd! I WIN!!!!

We use the rb flats coverless at times and they work so great and are so cute. I can not justify spending $20 plus for a fitted right now esp since our water is horribly hard.

I do love pfs right now but I get in phases with those but I always love flats! Long outings out of the house I do fall back on simplexes. But I am debating getting rid of the bg4.0s. I have 2 of each kind. But again I do not want to do anything until after the nb stage bc then I will always second guess myself even if it is the right decision.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #164
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

our water and electric bill already went down since intrudicing flats and that was before making the full switch so i know you will see a difference, and yes i second that i cannot wait for warm weather!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by megshmeg View Post
Glad to hear other mamas sold their other stuff off and don't regret it! I am really kind of tired of "trying new things" and this works so well; I just want to streamline and never look back. I don't like diapers that get the stinkies too often and need to be stripped a ton. And our water is REALLY expensive here. I actually am wondering currently if our water bill from washing diapers is almost equal monthly to buying disposables. I am not even kidding - our water bill was that high, and we take precautions to save water too (such as I only take quick showers every other day, the kids get a bath with a little water every other day, but DH does shower every morning; we use a dishwasher). But for dipes I have to do a large, heavy load to make sure they get clean enough. SO, I am thinking, flats seem easier to clean and could be a very reasonable option, and honestly I feel a bit bad about how much I have spent trading/trying different dipes to see what I like best, so maybe I can ACTUALLY make cloth diapers a tool for saving $ with flats. The length a lot of my dipes take in the dryer is excessive, too. I love to hang dry out back but it's been so cold. Anyway, looking forward to warm weather.

I may cut the tags off my Circo rb's as well. That's annoying me, too.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #165
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

that looks great, seems less trim than a rb but still a great option! i actually handwash sometimes that was my first reason for buying some flats in the first place, id do a handwashing challenge for sure especially if its when it gets a bit warmer around here because its easier to dry outside when i handwash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlucas777 View Post
This is so awesome! I recently did the exact same thing and now only have flats and flips. Well a few other covers too. I have mostly ikea flats and gmd large. I have a few Swaddlebees old prints on the way. I was about to order some bamboo or hemp flats but i May make my way over to target an hour away and get some awesome prints. Lol. I am a sucker for prints (why i have spent numerous hours hunting down discontinued prints) Lol. So What do you ladies do for nighttime flat usage? :-) Anybody take the flats and handwashing challenge last year? Anybody planning on doing it this year? How do the circo rb wash up? Hang dry? :-) Thanks for any info. Oh here's a pic of a towel I wanted to try out as a flat lol
Old 03-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #166
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

with just flats and maybe some pfs what is everyones wash routine?
Old 03-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #167
hlucas777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeeof4+ View Post
that looks great, seems less trim than a rb but still a great option! i actually handwash sometimes that was my first reason for buying some flats in the first place, id do a handwashing challenge for sure especially if its when it gets a bit warmer around here because its easier to dry outside when i handwash.
Yeah it is a little bulkier. Lol. Here is the post about the challenge coming up. http://dirtydiaperlaundry.com/3rd-an...ing-challenge/
Old 03-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #168
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
I wash on hot bedding cycle. I have an he top loader. It automatically includes an extra rinse. One full scoop of Charlie's. if its convenient I dry outside. If not I hang my covers and dry until
The flats are dry prefolds are still damp so I throw them over the shower curtain rod or in with the next load in the dryer.
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #169
hlucas777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
I have just flats and I was every other day or so and I do cold rinse and warm wash with eco nuts and half a scoop of sun oxygen cleaner and then hang on line to dry. :-) I spray poopy ones off really good before putting in pail.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #170
hlucas777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How do you guys fold them to where the wings fit under an econobum? Mine are always riding a little low for those covers. I try pushing up but it doesn't usually stay.