Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
Registered Users
help with kitchen drawers?

These are not the nice big drawers you put pots in. The top drawer is not even 2 inches deep. The other 3 are 4.5. These are just over 10 inches wide. The stack is next you the sink and across from the stove. Should I use them all for spices?

Other drawers are 2 on the other side of sink. One is measuring cups/ spoons and a couple random things. The other is knives that don't go in the block. This drawer will probably get a toddler lock on it.

There is also a drawer on either side of the stove. 3 inches deep, 13 wide. One has random cooking things like flat cheese grater, baster, spoons, the other has silverware cuz it doesn't fit in any other drawer.

Is this enough for anyone to give advice on? This kitchen feels bigger (not a U shape) but has less storage than the last one.

DSD - 12/98; DS - 8/10; DD 1/15

I Swagbucks
neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Registered Users
The house I grew up in had drawers next to the stove too. My mother kept sandwich bread and flatware in the top drawer (the toaster was on the counter there), clean kitchen towels in the middle drawer, and all her recipes and cookbooks in the bottom drawer. Come to think of it that kitchen had a lot of drawers! Three others for utensils and one junk drawer by the entryway.
mamacita1222 is offline   Reply With Quote