Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone who is really looking forward to their leave?!

I have to be honest with you guys. I am a workaholic .. There I said it! I love succeeding in my work place and the environment that surrounds me but this past week I made the choice to leave work almost 2 weeks before my due date.. My job is extremely demanding and I sometimes work 12-14 hour days but I love my coworkers and my customers which made it really hard to leave. I think coming home every night and noticing my feet completely swollen was a wake up call. Some mornings I felt like I had absolutely no energy or desire to even get up.

Right after telling my boss that my final day would be March 10th I started getting really excited that the LO is almost here. Ive been so busy working through my pregnancy that I didn't notice 37 weeks have already come and gone!! So excited to start finally relaxing and enjoying my last days of pregnancy! Unless LO decides to come earlier my final day is approaching! .. Time for mani, pedi's and mama massages!!

Advertisement

nachoslyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
peep_erz
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone who is really looking forward to their leave?!

I think I am FINALLY looking forward to my leave. My last day is March 13th and due on the 27th. Everyone has been asking me for the past month and I really wasn't all that excited to leave work until this week. I am very career oriented and like my job a lot. I always take on extra responsibility because it gives me great satisfaction. It was even a little hard for me to wrap my head around giving up my duties to someone else temporarily. Starting this week though i've just realized that I am too drained/exhausted/tired from the pregnancy to work at my 110% and I am greatly looking forward to my leave now. 1 1/2 more weeks!
peep_erz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #3
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am like this too... totally addicted to my job, LOL! It drives me nuts most of the time, but I'm good at it and compensated very nicely and I work with some stellar people. We're in the middle of a difficult time right now and I sorta feel bad that I am going to "abandon" them while this is all going on.

But at the same time, I'm running out of steam I noticed last night that my ankles were swollen... which is pretty lame because I work from home at a computer! I'm tired all the time now, and pretty sick and tired of this GD diet that I have to follow all the time. I was planning to work until I deliver, but now I'm really re-thinking that. I have 3 weeks to go and I'm sure I can get through the first two weeks, but that last week is gonna be a struggle! Thing is, DS was 2 weeks over due, so I'm worried that if I leave work early I will just be waiting around for weeks and weeks

But yeah, I am realllllly looking forward to it now!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't get them a date yet. I plan to work up until the very end. Part of that is due to the demands of my job and the other part, financial reasons. Like I heard from someone else once - I'd rather be at home with the baby then at home by myself worrying about the money I'm not making.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #5
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was supposed to work another week but this week is my last week because I got more sick pay saved up. I am using all my sick leave first, then my maternity, then it's summer break so I get MONTHS of paid leave. I am really really really looking forward to it!!! I have never had that much time off since I started working at 16 years old!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have become so unmotivated at work morale is so low but I will stay until the 27th edd 4/1. My midwife and I are hoping for an early arrival. My job is very physically demanding and my coworkers suck! I get 4 weeks paid leave and 12 weeks FMLA so that puts me going back mid July early August.

DH wanted me to leave next week but I like others would rather be home with baby than wondering around my house going crazy.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am SO excited to see the end of work days nearing. I'm 36.5 weeks now. Due the 27th. Plan on working until the last possible minute. It's torture to sit at home not knowing when baby will come and just knowing the 12 weeks FMLA is ticking away without a baby at home. So, I'm toughing it out and getting by. I'm fat and slow and not as productive as normal, but at least it helps make the days FLY by.

The suckiest part right now is that I went on call on Wednesday ... and am on call until Wednesday the 6th. Today, the phone will.not.stop.ringing! Everytime it rings, I get up to answer it and I have a ctx... if this rate of calls keeps up through the weekend, I'll be begging for someone on my team to cover Mon-Wed for me so I can go off call early.

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #8
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peep_erz View Post
It was even a little hard for me to wrap my head around giving up my duties to someone else temporarily. Starting this week though i've just realized that I am too drained/exhausted/tired from the pregnancy to work at my 110%
YESSS!! Its horrible to let your hard work go onto someone else... And I agree with you wholeheartedly on the not being able to work on my 110% I think thats why I ultimately ended up making my choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeyer76 View Post
Thing is, DS was 2 weeks over due, so I'm worried that if I leave work early I will just be waiting around for weeks and weeks
This was so me.. My first was overdue by almost a week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
Like I heard from someone else once - I'd rather be at home with the baby then at home by myself worrying about the money I'm not making.
Sentiments that weighed extremely heavy in my decision and part of why I decided to leave so close to my due date. I wanted to wait until the last minute as well but for me it was just the fact that I feel I am not able to give it my all anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
I was supposed to work another week but this week is my last week because I got more sick pay saved up. I am using all my sick leave first, then my maternity, then it's summer break so I get MONTHS of paid leave. I am really really really looking forward to it!!! I have never had that much time off since I started working at 16 years old!
LOVE IT!!! Awesome planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721 View Post
The suckiest part right now is that I went on call on Wednesday ... and am on call until Wednesday the 6th. Today, the phone will.not.stop.ringing! Everytime it rings, I get up to answer it and I have a ctx... if this rate of calls keeps up through the weekend, I'll be begging for someone on my team to cover Mon-Wed for me so I can go off call early.
nachoslyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #9
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I also hate not being at work, I worry about my clients and if my job is going to be completely messed up when I get back. That said I really just want to be home with my baby.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #10
momto2es
Registered Users
seller

I work from home. And with 2 other little ones, there isn't any type of leave for this momma. Not sure how it's all going to work, but it will.

Now just waiting for our new house to close so we can move...that's my biggest stress!
momto2es is offline   Reply With Quote