Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

March Use Your Stash Game

WELCOME TO THE March 2013 STASH GAME!!!

This game will run from March 1st to March 31st
***Late entrants are welcome, but without compensation for missing time*** (meaning if you start/sign up on the 6th, you cannot count 3/1-3/5)

This month is hosted by RockinLou.

If you are going to PLAY- post a reply to THIS thread, and THAT IS YOUR SPOT. Please don't post more than once here.

Here are the threads that make this so FUN!:
Chatter Thread to post questions about the game and general chatter:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1496326

See & Share for posting photos:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16348535#post16348535

If anything is relevant to be added here, I will update this post with things from the Chat Thread.

In your spot- please post:
*A quick intro/hello
*Your Crafting Goals for this month
*Your Points/FO's (list them by project/day and then a grand total)

PRIZES
[Bhappysmileylady is offering a hooded cap from her Etsy shop

RockinLou has either a quilting grabbag and Quilter's Workbook or a copy of the Babyville diaper book, two printed PUL diaper cuts and matching fold over elastic, and hook and loop[/B]

PM host or post to chat thread to contribute

----------------------------------------------------------------------

**SEWING POINTS**

+8 per Yard Sewn from Stash

**For Tutu makers- 1 yard is equal to (1) 25 yard roll of precut tulle.

+1 per type of Notion Used in a FO (interfacing, dye, fabric scrap, buttons, snaps, binding, bias tape, ribbing, rick-rak, zippers, stabilizer, etc.) Thread does not count as a notion, and even if you use 100 snaps- it is still only ONE type and counts as +1.

+2 per Diaper Related FO

+1 for Using Tags (works like snaps..doesn't matter if you use 1 tag or 12, its only 1 point)

+2 for Hand Sewing (+2 per hour)

+1 for Using a Treadle Sewing Machine (per item)

+1 per for Accessorizing (matching hat with dress, etc.)

+1 for Charity FO

+1 per item for Completing a UFO (unfinished object)

+1 per hoop for Machine Embroidery

+1 for Dying Fabric or Yarn (+1 per yard/garment/skein)

+1 for Mending (+1 per garment/elastic replacement/snap conversion...)

+1 for Posting FO Pictures (+1 per FO) post in Show and Tell OR in the SNS Thread linked at the top of the post! **Still only +1 per FO- even if you post in more than one place

+1 for Using Recycled Materials (per FO)

+1 if you make your own pattern

**QUILTING POINTS** These are a NEW addition to the game
Quilting points for piecing tops and blocks can be gained as listed below, It is NOT necessary to finish the entire quilt this month to be able to earn points for your quilt, nor will quilts in progress count as UFOs, but there is no back-dating points for past projects

Quick-sew Quilt TOPS (made from strips, charm squares, and cakes)
+10 crib/lap size/wall hanging
+15 twin size
+20 double/queen
+25 king

Traditional Piecing and foundation piecing of Blocks
+5 per 12 inch block completed
+5 for joining blocks
+5 for every border

Hand quilting is covered by the hand sewing rule: (+2 per hour)

Machine Quilting points:
+10 crib/lap size/wall hanging
+15 twin size
+20 double/queen
+25 king

Binding is also covered by the +2 per hour for hand sewing rule

**YARN CRAFT POINTS**
+2 per hour for Knitting/Crochet/Spinning
+1 per hour for frogging a project
+2 for completed small project (food, soaker, hat, etc).
+4 for completed large project (longies, blanket, vest, etc).
+4 for each skein used
+1 if you dyed the skein yourself
+4 if you made a diaper related item from the skein/skeins

**STASH BUSTING POINTS**
+4 per yard or skein sold/given/thrown away from stash
-8 per yard bought during stash game
+4 per yard sewn from fabric purchased during stash game
-4 per skein bought during stash game
+2 per skein used from skein purchased during stash game

**Trading for Fabric or Yarn counts as purchasing **UNLESS** you traded equal amounts of something from your stash to obtain the new item. (As in: 2 skeins of yarn TRADED for 2 skeins of yarn=NO points awarded or deducted. If you traded used diapers for 2 skeins of yarn=(-8) deduction).

**If you purchased yarn or fabric BEFORE the start of the game and it arrives during the Stash Game Month- it DOES NOT count against you! Only items Purchased/Traded DURING the month count for deductions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

FO DEFINITIONS:

Finished Object: Threads snipped, Ends woven in! **See below for smaller objects and their FO Value**

12 serged wipes/unpaper towels/family cloth= 1 FO
6 t&t wipes/uppaper towels/family cloth= 1 FO
4 soakers/doublers= 1 FO
2 pairs of nursing pads= 1FO
2 momma cloth= 1 FO
2 mittens (a pair)= 1 FO
2 baby shoes (a pair)= 1 FO
2 leg warmers (a pair)= 1 FO
**if something should come in pairs- it needs to, to count as a FO**

DIAPERS YARDAGE ESTIMATES

Fitteds/AIO's/AI2s - SOAKERS INCLUDED
NB = 1/2 yard
Small = 3/4 yard
Medium = 1 yard
Large = 1 1/4 yard
One Size = 1 1/4 yard
XLarge = 1 1/2 yard

Pockets/Lined covers SOAKERS NOT INCLUDED

NB- 1/8 yard= 0.125= 1 point
Small- 1/4 yard = 0.25= 2/8 so 2 points
Medium-3/8 yard=0.375= 3 points
OS/ Large-1/2 yard= 0.5= 4/8 so 4 points

Scoring Example:
FO- NB Fitted w/ recycled T-Shirt Outer= +11 Points
1/2 yard fabric +4
Diaper Related FO +2
Recycled Material +1
Notions +2 (elastic & snaps)
Size Tag +1
S&S Pic +1

A NOTE ABOUT FO POINTS: They do not exist. Please don't count points just for finishing something (unless it's a yarn craft). Diaper Related FO's get points, as do UFO's... but not FO's in general. The list for how many smaller items equals a FO is for people who are counting diaper related or UFO items. Keep counting yardages and any other categories that your FO's fit into THANKS!

Additional Weekly Challenges for Extra Points!!!

Week 1- 3/1 to 3/8 UFO & Upcycling Week - Clear out the clutter by completing some UFOs and upcycling! +5 bonus points for the first UFO or upcycling project you complete this week. +1 for each additional UFO or upcycle you complete. +1 more bonus point if you show a before photo of your UFO and your pre-upcycled items

Week 2- 3/9 to 3/15 March Holidays - St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Passover & the official start of spring are all this month! This week receive 5 bonus points for the first item made that is for one of these holidays! It can be something that someone is going to wear for the celebration or something decorative. In celebration of the start of Spring, anything with flowers counts! One bonus point for additional items after the first "spring holiday" item is completed.

Week 3- 3/16 to 3/22 Something for the littles - +5 for the first item made for someone under the age of 12. +1 for every additional item made for one of the young ones!

Week 4- 3/23 to 3/31 Out like a LAMB! Anything soft, fluffy or wool, +5 for the first item, +1 for each additional item

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

Advertisement

Last edited by RockinLou; 03-04-2013 at 10:30 PM.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Re: March Use Your Stash Game

ATTENTION ALL QUILTERS - I added quilting points this month - Let's see if this helps more stash-busting mamas join in and get motivated!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Hello! My name is Emily and I live in Georgia with my 4yo DD and 21 month old DS, and our dog. DH is in Oregon for work, and I work from home 30+ hrs. per week, so things get a bit hectic around here. I've been sewing for over a decade and love quilting and making clothes for my kids.

My Goals for this month:
I have an upcycle skirt that I started for myself that I'm not sure if I hate it or not, and I want to finish that..
I have 2 shirts and 4 pairs of pants I want to make for DS
I have the fabric for a twirly dress I want to make DD
I NEED to make her a pair of pantaloons to wear under her dress for Easter
and I have a handful of mending and small projects to work on.
I have a paper foundation pieced tree skirt that is so close to being done, but yet always out of grasp too... it will be a miracle if I get to it, but I never want to neglect the though of the UFO that never ended

My points/tally
Week 1: Upcycling/UFOs
3/2 - Skirt for me- upcycled material +1 elastic +1 made my own pattern +1 and bonus points for the week +5 = 8
Pants for DS- upcycled material +1 elastic +1 made my own pattern +1 and bonus points for the week +1 = 4
12 inch quilt block = +5
(Photos of all 3 = +3)

3/3 - upcycled fitted: upcycled material +1 elastic +1 snaps +1 photo +1 diaper related+1 bonus points +1 (bonus) = 6

3/8 - Harry Potter fleece longies/shorties: +6 (3/4 yard fleece) + 1 diaper related +1 photo = +8

Prefold/PUL trainers: +1Upcycled Material +1 elastic +2 for 1/4 yard of PUL from stash +1 bonus point= +5

Doll Leggins: +1 upcycled material +1 notion +1 bonus point= +3
(+3 photos from 3/8)
WEEKLY TOTAL: +45

Week 2: March Holidays
3/10 Pantaloons for DD's Easter outfit: +10 (yard 1/4 fabric) +1 elastic +5bonus = 16 points

WEEKLY TOTAL: +16

WEEK 3: For the Littles
Cars button down for DS - 3/4 yard. +6, buttons +1, photo +1, Weekly bonus +1 = 9
Seersucker pants- 1 yard +8, elastic +1, hook and eye +1, buttons +1, photo +1, weekly bonus +1=13
Zoo outfit - 1 1/2 yards +12, elastic +1, buttons +1, photo +1, bonus +1= 16
WEEKLY TOTAL = +38

WEEK 4: Fluffy
3x Fitted diapers size M for DS:
= +24 (3 yards fabric) +3(elastic for each diaper) +3 (snaps for each diaper) +1(photo) +7(bonus points) +6(diaper related object) = 44 points

Monthly Total = +143

Last edited by RockinLou; 04-03-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

:/ Well, maybe I'll be more up to crafting this month? I have a ton of UFO's I need to finish up.... Plus we are doing a cross country move in May and I need to start getting stuff packed up = good time to finish things up and edit my stash, right??

UFO's: shawl, newborn wrap soakers, sleepsack.

Projects: Easter toys, PJ's, tie dying

Last edited by rumblepurr; 03-26-2013 at 09:41 AM.
rumblepurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

out this month

Hopefully I'll be more active in April
Swag with me! Bing it!

Last edited by stevensmom; 04-02-2013 at 11:07 AM.
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
Dancing_with_Joy
Registered Users
seller

I'm in! I tried playing back in December, and I didn't do well. However, I think I got a lot more done than I would have otherwise.

My name is Heidi, and I'm newly pregnant. I've had a couple recent miscarriages, so it is hard to stay positive.
I want to knit some baby things for this baby. Also, I have some wip's that are baby gifts for a couple of friends. I need to get those done asap.
I have an old quilt that was my great-grandmother's, and I would love to repair it.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #7
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hey all! I'm still trying to create as much as I can before my little girl arrives! So it's crunch time for me!

Goals for the Month:

• Finish the afghan! Seriously though, I have only the decorations to complete now!
  • 2 pail liners
  • 2 wetbags
  • mama cloth
  • 6 Medium dipes
  • 3 Small dipes
  • Dye and sew up fabric for curtains
  • grocery bags
  • hippie bag/jacket/skirt for sisters bday
  • 2 pincushions
  • baby elf hat (afghan is top priority to this!)
  • cloth activity books
  • cloth wipes from receiving blankets
  • cute baby girl dresses and clothes

Week 1- 3/1 to 3/8 UFO & Upcycling Week - Clear out the clutter by completing some UFOs and upcycling! +5 bonus points for the first UFO or upcycling project you complete this week. +1 for each additional UFO or upcycle you complete. +1 more bonus point if you show a before photo of your UFO and your pre-upcycled items

1:
2:
3/4 yard gained in trade: =-6pts
3:
2 Newborn fitted diapers:1 yard-8pts, diaper related FO-4pts, notions (elastic and snaps)-3pts, picture-2pts, recycled material(1 dipe)-1pt =18pts
3 pairs baby legs: bonus(upcycled socks)-7pts, recycled material-3pts, picture(before/after)-6pts =16pts
4:
crochet 1 and 1/2 hours-3pts
5:
24 serged cloth wipes: recycled material-2pts, bonus(upcycled recieving blankets)-2pts =4pts
baby skirt: recycled material-1pt, bonus(upcycled shirt)-1pt, picture(before/after)-2pts, notions(elastic)-1pt =5pts
jean skirt: recycled material-1pt, bonus(upcycled jeans)-1pt, 1 and 1/2 yards-12pts, picture(before/after)-2pts =16pts
6:
ironing board cover: 1 yard-8pts, recycled material-1pt, bonus(upcycled wool blanket)-1pt, notions(elastic, velcro)-2pts, picture-1pt =13pts
12 unpaper towels (t&t): 1 yard-8pts, recycled material-2pts, bonus(upcycled flannel sheet inner for thickness)-2pts, notions(snaps)-2pts =14pts
7:
8:
12 pairs of nursing pads: notions(fabric scraps)-6pts

Total for the week=89pts

Week 2- 3/9 to 3/15 March Holidays - St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Passover & the official start of spring are all this month! This week receive 5 bonus points for the first item made that is for one of these holidays! It can be something that someone is going to wear for the celebration or something decorative. In celebration of the start of Spring, anything with flowers counts! One bonus point for additional items after the first "spring holiday" item is completed.

9:
10:
11:
8 mama cloth: notions(scraps, snaps)-8pts, recycled material(fllannel sheets and old towels)-4pts =12pts
Skirt: 1 and 1/2 yard-12pts, recycled material(jeans)-1pt, picture-1pt =14pts
Matching headband: notions(fabric scraps, elastic)-2pts, picture-1pt, accessorizing-1pt =4pts
12:
Skirtie soaker: 1/2 yard-4pts, bonus(flower print)-5pts, picture-1pt, diaper related-1pt =11pts
13:
24 Favor bags: 1 yard-8pts, notions(fabric scraps)-4pts, bonus(flower print)-1pt, picture-1pt =14pts
6 sandwich wraps: 2 yards-16pts, notions(velcro)-1pt, picture-1pt =18pts
14:
15:

Total for the week=73pts

Week 3- 3/16 to 3/22 Something for the littles - +5 for the first item made for someone under the age of 12. +1 for every additional item made for one of the young ones!

16:
17:
18:
Skirtie soaker: 1/2 yard-4pts, bonus(for my unborn baby)-5pts, picture-1pt, diaper related-1pt =11pts
Mini purse/satchel: notions(fabric scraps)-1pt
Crochet for 2 hours-4pts
19:
20:
Crochet infinity scarf: skein used-4pts, small FO-2pts, picture-1pt =7pts
21:
2 bags: 1/2 yard-4pts, notions(fabric scraps, webbing)-3pts, picture-2pts =9pts
22:
Wetbag: 1/2 yard-4pts, notions(zipper)-1pt, picture-1pt, diaper related-2pts, picture-1pt=9pts

Total for the week=41pts

Week 4- 3/23 to 3/31 Out like a LAMB! Anything soft, fluffy or wool, +5 for the first item, +1 for each additional item

23:
24:
Finished afghan: crochet 1 hr-2pts, UFO-1pt, bonus(something fluffy)-5pts, hand sewing(30mins)-1pt, picture-1pt =10pts
Mended hole in sweater: Mending-1pt, hand sewing(30 mins)-1pt =2pts
25:
1 pail liner: 1/2 yard-4pts, notions(elastic)-1pt, diaper related-2pts, picture =8pts
crochet 4 hours- 8pts
26:
1 pail liner: 1/2 yard-4pts, notions(drawstring and cord stopper)-2pts, diaper related-2pts, picture-1pt = 9pts
Wetbag: 1/2 yard-4pts, notions(zipper)-1pt, diaper related-2 pts, picture-1pt =8pts
Crochet 2 hours- 4pts
27:
Finished hooded scarf: crochet 4 and 1/2 hrs-9pts, hand sew 1 hr-2pts, skein used-4pts, Small FO-2pts, picture-1pt, bonus(fluffy)-1pt =19pts
Baby elf hat: crochet/frogging 4 hrs- 8pts, 2 skeins used-8pts, Small FO-2pts, picture-1pt, bonus(fluffy)-1pt =20pts
28:
Finished unpaper towel roll: UFO-1pt, notions(snaps)-1pt =2pts
crochet 2 hours-4pts
7 Gcloth inserts: 1 yard-8pts, diaper related-2pts =10pts
29:
Crochet 5 hours- 10pts
Wetbag: 2 and 1/8 yards-17pts, notions(zipper, fusible stabilizer)-2pts, diaper related-2pts, picture-1pt =22pts
30:
Crochet 3 hrs-6pts
31:
2 grocery tote bags: 2 yards-16pts, notions(canvas stabilizer)-1pt, picture-2pts =19pts
Crochet 5 hrs-10pts

Total for the week- 171pts

Total for month-374pts

Last edited by Kaylacherie88; 04-01-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Kaylacherie88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #8
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm in again. Hoping to get the rest of my newbie stuff knit and sew some trainers for the potty training kid.

I'm a knitter by nature, but have branched out to sewing some even if it isn't great. I have enough yarn to make longie for the newbie born next month, but that doesn't stop me from getting more. I just like keeping track of what I get rid of each month

1. Knit 3hours
2. Completed 2 UFO changing pads +2 UFO points +6 bonus points
Made 5 t and t napkins 1/2 yard of fabric
+4 used fabric points
3. Knit 2 hours +4
4. Knit 4 hours +8
Finished newborn longies and hat.
- 1 skein yarn +4
- FO points +6
- +4 diapering longies
5. Knit 3 hours +6
6. Knit 3 hours +6
7. Posted 5 FO pics

Running Total 50 pts

Last edited by MrsStripe; 03-07-2013 at 05:49 PM.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #9
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've never done this before, how do we keep track of points? Do we do it ourselves? I'm thinking about joining, but I don't have much IN my stash right now, I'm pretty well out of supplies.

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi! I'm Rebbecca. I would join Fabric Hoarders Anonymous but sadly there is no local branch.
My goals:
To Organize my stash better, purge/sell some, and finish up some UFO's. I NEED to make some crayon rolls and send them off before Easter.

3/1-Lt green dress upcycled +1, pic+1, bonus +5=7
Lt green longies Upcycled+1, pic +1, bonus+1 =3
Dk green dress Upcycled+1, pic +1, bonus+1 =3
Dk green longies Upcycled+1, pic +1, bonus+1 =3
Dk green longies #2 Upcycled+1, pic +1, bonus+1 =3
Moose longies Upcycled+1, pic +1, bonus+1 =3
Purple longies Upcycled+1, pic +1, bonus+1 Before pic+1=4
Flower longies Upcycled+1, pic +1, bonus+1 =3
3/2-
Mending +2 (I'm not sure how many I did But I know it was over 24!)
35/1mitten upcycled rags ...serged.. (Counting them like unpapertowels?)
+3 upcycle +3 bonus +3 pics =9
Brown longies Upcycled+1, pic +1, bonus+1 =3
Skirt&Vest Upcycled+1, pic +1, bonus+1 =3
3/3-
3/4-
3/5
3/6
3/8
Weekly total = 44

3/9-
3/10-
3/11-
3/14-
3/15-
Weekly total=

3/16-
3/17-
3/18-
3/19-
3/20-
3/21-
3/22-
Weekly total=

3/23-
3/24-
3/25-
3/26-
3/27-
3/28-
3/29-
3/30-
3/31-
Weekly total=

Grand total=

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia

Last edited by Rdesonia; 03-03-2013 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Adding points :)
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote