Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: March UYS Game - CHATTER Thread

I am still debating if I am going to join this month! I have already made a bag out of an old blanket, and two soap cozies from washcloths today...but I don't think I have enough projects to actually sign up for the month!

The problem is I get really competitive, and I am going to stress if I am NOT sewing a ton of things, but I don't want to sew just to waste my stash...but, I am going to need to make something, because I want to! hehe

Advertisement

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!

Last edited by MommyLyssa; 03-01-2013 at 05:16 PM.
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #12
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You should play! I'm going to have to buy fabric to keep sewing this month.. It's all in good fun :-)
Kaylacherie88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #13
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylacherie88 View Post
You should play! I'm going to have to buy fabric to keep sewing this month.. It's all in good fun :-)
If you want quilters cotton, let me know! I have way too much of it, and that way I could buy some other types to work with as well...

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #14
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylacherie88 View Post
make sure you buy before you start stating your goals and tallying points, or all the fabric you buy will count against you!!

(I may have been at Hancock this morning, and that just might be why the post didn't go up earlier today )
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #15
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Carrying this over from the game thread:
MyPeanut09 asked:

"I've never done this before, how do we keep track of points? Do we do it ourselves? I'm thinking about joining, but I don't have much IN my stash right now, I'm pretty well out of supplies."

Theoretically every day you would go to the game thread, post what you made that day and tally those points making it super-quick to add them at the end of the month

Don't worry about being new, we can help you out, and ask any questions here i this thread and I or someone else will help you - a great way to keep motivated!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #16
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
make sure you buy before you start stating your goals and tallying points, or all the fabric you buy will count against you!!

(I may have been at Hancock this morning, and that just might be why the post didn't go up earlier today )
LOL. Is that how it works???
No fabric buying for me again this month. I just don't need it. As much as I want to...

Actually, we ended our spending fast for last month and I already spent money!!! I found an amazing deal on etsy for organic vegan soap. 4lbs for $32 shipped!!!! So, we bought that, but then I also spent $10 at wal mart (I am not allowed into Target these days...to dangerous! haha) on hair clips, elastic, and some wooden beads to make fabric necklaces out of

http://www.skiptomylou.org/2011/09/0...lace-tutorial/

And I can feel myself already starting to go into buy, buy, buy mode...so I have to nip this in the bud fast. We are trying to pay off our mortgage in the next 6 years, and if we are going to do that, I really cannot spend anything extra!

Old 03-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #17
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLyssa View Post
And I can feel myself already starting to go into buy, buy, buy mode...so I have to nip this in the bud fast. We are trying to pay off our mortgage in the next 6 years, and if we are going to do that, I really cannot spend anything extra!
Don't do it!! I'm on a chronic spending fast.... out of necessity. To me a big splurge is double- paying the minimum on a medical bill

However, my stash is dwindling.... especially if I meet my goals this month.

Seriously though, regarding the game rules- any fabric bought after you state your goals and start tallying points counts against you!!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #18
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I thought it was any fabric bought after you sign up (i.e have a post) counts towards you
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #19
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
Don't do it!! I'm on a chronic spending fast.... out of necessity. To me a big splurge is double- paying the minimum on a medical bill

However, my stash is dwindling.... especially if I meet my goals this month.

Seriously though, regarding the game rules- any fabric bought after you state your goals and start tallying points counts against you!!
I already talked to my accountability partner and said I am going to need to do this complete no spending on another month. Clearly I haven't tamed the spending beast. It is so bad. But my husband and I are on the same page, and the house is the only debt we have left, other than a smaller medical bill we are paying off, but that should be done at the end of this year. And we want NO debt. How freeing it will be to own our house outright!

Actually, if you want, I could send along some quilters fabric if you use it. Seriously...I have a ton of it!! Like, way more than I need I am sure...

Old 03-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #20
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Ok, so I suppose I am not sewing this evening. DH's back hurts and he doesn't feel good, so he's in the bathtub. *sigh*

I might give him the kids once he gets out and take a bath myself.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote