Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #211
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: March UYS Game - CHATTER Thread

I got stuff done! I whipped off a pair of fleece pants for my baby in about an hour. That's start to finish, pulled the fleece out of my stash to finished pants on my baby. I am so proud of me! I will have pics up tomorrow. I also finished a fleece scarf for my oldest. I did a pair of mittens for her too, to match the scarf, but I was just making them on the fly, no pattern, and they were way too small. So I totally scrapped them. I I plan to try to get them done tomorrow, and either a hat to match or a pillow for her.

I also still need to get the fleece pants for my sister done...and I would LOVE to try some embroidered easter baskets for all my kids but I don't think I am going to get that far.

Advertisement

happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #212
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLyssa View Post
I made my first snack bag that is double layered (nylon on the inside and cotton on the outside.) I LOVE it I am rather proud of myself...it looks great! The zipper looks much cleaner on a double layered bag as well, so that was a perk.

I also made fleece jammies for ds2 with a double minky pocket which he loves.

I think that is it for this week though.
Don't you love the nylon in snack bags? I wipe my with a sponge and only throw them in the wash when icky or sticky- or when I think "gosh, when was this last washed"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaDawn View Post
Doing a test knit now... I've been working on a pair of shorties for a friend's dd with celtic cable braid, but most of the time I've had to knit lately has been late and I've really been tired so I've done almost as much tinking as I have knitting... sigh... don't do celtic cables when you are tired...

I am really excited though... after I finish this test knit I'm going to start working on some stock for stuff that a shop is going to start carrying!!!! Their grand opening is in May so I want to get several things made... I'm so so so excited!
I can't even imagine knitting a celtic cable... but I loooooover my Irish Fisherman's sweater... perhaps a bit too much because in the winter when I'm NOT wearing it my daughter asks me why not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
*I haven't done much sewing. I converted 2 AIO's to trainers but they are awful! Practically non-functional. I had 3 more that I had taken the velcro off of & cut the sides off. I just took the waterproof layer off & serged 3 inserts since the other 2 totally sucked and I gave up!

I mended the elastic on 8 pocket diapers. That was a pita.

DD's playpen mat got pooped on. (It's so fun to have a toddler that strips off her clothes & diaper!) I sprayed it off and left it outside. It rained & now the darn thing is bent on the edges where the particle board inside warped! So... DH went and bought 1/2" MDF & cut it to size. Then he covered the board with batting and clear vinyl (which I already had!). So now I need to make some fabric sheets or a quilted pad or something to cover it. (DD never sleeps in her play pen.)
I have tried to make trainers and even undies from 3 different patterns now with no success at all- even though DS isn't 2 years old yet, and doesn't wear a 2T, every pattern that "fit" his measurements that I tried on him did not have a prayer of making it over his thighs... which pretty much defeats the purpose of a pull on... so I have given up!

that totally stinks with the playpen.... at least your DH is handy and helpful... mine somehow managed to break the binds on our faux french doors (faux because only one side opens) this morning when raising them out of the reach of our toddler... seriously, if you don't have the budget to replace it, don't break it

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
I got stuff done! I whipped off a pair of fleece pants for my baby in about an hour. That's start to finish, pulled the fleece out of my stash to finished pants on my baby. I am so proud of me! I will have pics up tomorrow. I also finished a fleece scarf for my oldest. I did a pair of mittens for her too, to match the scarf, but I was just making them on the fly, no pattern, and they were way too small. So I totally scrapped them. I I plan to try to get them done tomorrow, and either a hat to match or a pillow for her.

I also still need to get the fleece pants for my sister done...and I would LOVE to try some embroidered easter baskets for all my kids but I don't think I am going to get that far.
I can't wait to see pics!!

AFM - I have a BUNCH of things I have made that are all a piece or two away from being finished... like I ran out of 1/2 inch no-roll elastic and bias tape, and was being a WUS about dealing with buttonholes.... but I'm going to a sewing event tonight at my local quilt shop, so I hope to polish some of those things off! hopefully I will have photos to post tomorrow!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #213
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Just a friendly reminder about BONUS POINTS:
For the Littles ends today! 3/22! Don't forget to tally your points!

Week 4- 3/23 to 3/31 Out like a LAMB! Anything soft, fluffy or wool, +5 for the first item, +1 for each additional item
Old 03-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #214
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Ed my pics in the sharin thread. I think I got the points...

The fleece pants are 4 or 5 points-pattern calls for 5/8 of a yard. Then 5 PTA fir it being for the kids, another point for the elastic (if that is a notion) ant a point for the pic. So if I consider the pants to be half a yard, that's 11 pts, right?

Then the scarf is 18inX1.75 yards. So 14 for that? Then another point for the pic, right?

The gloves are harder. I get a point for the pic, a point for making them match the scarf, and then a point for making up the pattern,right? I just don't have a clue how much fabric I used. Maybe like 3/8?
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #215
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I made 4 sheets for the playpan and 2 that match for the changing table. The 3 of the playpen sheets were made yesterday. i was afraid that the one for the changing table would make the curl because the changing mat is so thin. But they didn't. If I make them again I'll make them pillowcase style rather than a sheet.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #216
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Yes, 12& under for the bonus, but you definitely got them for the pants!

Last night I finished up 2 shirts and 2 pairs of pants for DS... Photos and points tomorrow, I promise!

I have 3 fitteds prepped, I'm hoping to get those sewn in the next few days... But we travel at the end of the week so we will see what does and doesn't get done...
Old 03-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #217
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
I made 4 sheets for the playpan and 2 that match for the changing table. The 3 of the playpen sheets were made yesterday. i was afraid that the one for the changing table would make the curl because the changing mat is so thin. But they didn't. If I make them again I'll make them pillowcase style rather than a sheet.
curious- what kind of fabric did you use for your sheets?
Old 03-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #218
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia
I have a question about this too! Did you use this tutorial/pattern: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=272099
And why would you want to make it pillowcase style, wouldn't it use much more fabric? I wanted to make something like this for the pnp that will be a crib at grandparents house.
Kaylacherie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #219
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Do pail liners and wetbags count as diaper related items?

Last edited by Kaylacherie88; 03-25-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Kaylacherie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #220
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylacherie88 View Post
Do pail liners and wetbags count as diaper related items?
i would say Yes!