Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
leyash
Registered Users
seller

ugh. not the uneventual appt. i wanted.

will be 31 weeks tomorrow.

blood pressure (first reading) was 140/81. noticed it was kind of high. doctor mentioned moderate swelling, said i would need to be watched. moved me to two week appts. instead of 3-4 weeks. took it again about 15 minutes later, was 123/89. i can't win for losing. it worries me, but then i'm wondering if it was because i was worried, or because baby was punching my cervix/bladder and i was in a little pain. said if i stay borderline, they will move me to weekly appts.

blahhhhh. nothing said about my urine, so i'm not sure what that looked like. this is my fourth kid, isn't pre-eclampsia most common with 1st pregnancies? i've been through three without a problem. PLEASE LORD don't let this be an issue with my fourth and final pregnancy.

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ugh. not the uneventual appt. i wanted.

nope it can be very common with multiples births cause you are worn down from running after them. you need 60-100 grams protein a day, lots of water and natural fats. you are very skinny girl from pic.
also, butchers broom and cayenne pepper will lower BP. natures sunshine makes a good chinese concoction thats safe in pregnancy. had alot of moms on that with great success
Old 03-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
leyash
Registered Users
seller

i am 140 and about 5'6, pre-pregnancy. so, not super thin. but, in the "normal" range.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
leyash
Registered Users
seller

eating healthy is the absolute hardest thing ever. i don't even know how to begin REALLY eating healthy. not to mention the fact that i absolutely CRAVE junk/bad foods.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

also it can be corrected if you do something on it NOW, but if you wait, you cannot fix. only manage and we all know most toxemia moms get induced. just not safe for the placenta or baby. high BP can blow the placenta off uterine wall.
check out brewer diet asap and follow it to a T but also get some herbs to help lower bp. lobelia, chamomile and catnip will help too
Old 03-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #6
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
eating healthy is the absolute hardest thing ever. i don't even know how to begin REALLY eating healthy. not to mention the fact that i absolutely CRAVE junk/bad foods.
thats small. I am about the same when pregnant and mama, thats small. I get low BP and dizzies often. your food have 100% to do with it then and you crave bad stuff cause you are lacking so much of what you need. I will privately message you. you gotta fix this or you are going to get a very medicated birth

start #1 by STOPPING eating any bread products. make sure you are getting full fat milk with no hormones. doesnt have to be organic just hormones free VIT d milk. eat eggs and meat, fish, peanut butter w celery, tea, water, cheese and greek yogurt will be the highest protein as well as nuts. those are also great fats which will help your body.
the sad thing with dr is they tell you whats wrong but dont help you to correct it. they just "watch" it happen. how is that help? you know this is a problem cause you posted, now you can do something about it for you and baby... and your kids. (I recall you saying what they ate)
start today and make a huge turnover for you all.

I would also suggest GNC mega ultra vitamins as they helped with my sugar cravings. you are probably spiking sugar from eating bad, then crash so you crave sugar again. if you eat more protein, you will crave sugar less. you are at high risk for diabetes when you do the opposite
I have a friend who is a tad smaller than you and has full blown diabetes now from eating terrible for yrs shes really young too

Last edited by homebirthmom; 03-05-2013 at 09:22 AM.
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #7
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I just wanted to say that my midwives start seeing everyone byweekly starting at 30 weeks. I just found out I have low iron. I haven't been eating well either and hardly taking my vitamins. I hope everything turns out for the best. It's hard to eat healthy when you're pregnant because you crave or dislike things so intensely plus it's hard to cook when you're tired. It's just for a little while longer so do your best. We have to remember it's for our babies.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys

Last edited by chandni3; 03-05-2013 at 12:19 PM.
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #8
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also, don't limit salt intake! Get sea salt or himilayan and salt to taste. There is no research that backs up the recommendation for pregnant women to limit salt intake, and a lot of damage that can be done. Processed salt is never great, but real salt is essential for life and health.
Otherwise agree that you should eat plenty of healthy fats and limit processed sugar. I say go for the cookies and ice cream, but make sure that it's minimally processed and with real ingredients. Whole milk, organic sugar or honey, cream, real butter, whole wheat flour. You can indulge and do it responsibly.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #9
leyash
Registered Users
seller

well, i didn't mean limit like, not have any. i DID mean limit like, not consume 3,000-3,500mg a day. my lunch alone today was 1,300mg. so, i have got to stay just under/right around 2,300mg a day like recommended.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #10
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:

do you have a BP machine to use at home?