Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #101
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (March 1-15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Tina: I found that the anxiety came in waves. In early pregnancy it was constant because I couldn't feel movement yet. Once I consistently felt movement, the anxiety eased....unless there was lack of movement for too long (my too long standards anyways). Then at the end the anxiety was labor related and constantly thinking about the what ifs. My anxiety didn't truly ease until my rainbow squish was safely born and in my arms.
Yup, I agree. I had a few weeks of "okay-ness" after the u/s. Actually, that was through the holidays, so maybe it was just distraction not actually being okay... but whatever, I worried less.
I'm suddenly terrified, though, the past couple weeks. The what-if's keep getting to me, coming into my head. I want to enjoy every moment of this pregnancy, I want Hiccup to stay snuggled inside me as long as he needs to... but I also just want him in my arms safe and sound.

I felt a bit better through today - kept myself super busy with chores and sorting kids' clothes and moving the furniture around in the boys' room. Giving into the nesting, I guess, and I haven't got room yet to get anything out/ready/washed/set up for Hiccup. But, again, distraction I think.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #102
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for the warm welcome ladies, it's such a comfort.

I hate that we are all in this together, I wish none of us had experienced loss, but alas any good that can come from it is meaningful.

I'm definitely having an anxious day, I feel like my nausea has disappeared, I'm still starving all the time and tired so that must be a decent sign of good things but man I'm praying so hard to feel crappy .

I'm not sure how I'm going to survive another two weeks until my appointment .

My motto with my first rainbow babe was: one day at a time, I think I need to readopt it.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #103
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smblake View Post
I'm not sure how I'm going to survive another two weeks until my appointment .

My motto with my first rainbow babe was: one day at a time, I think I need to readopt it.

With this pregnancy, I couldn't handle the thought of going to the Dr. I didn't see anyone until 18 weeks, and I only started then because we needed an u/s, for our own peace of mind.
It was a long 4 months.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #104
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

With this pregnancy, I couldn't handle the thought of going to the Dr. I didn't see anyone until 18 weeks, and I only started then because we needed an u/s, for our own peace of mind.
It was a long 4 months.
That's how I felt with dds pregnancy, I didn't see my mw until I was 14 weeks but dh is a family doc and he did an early u/s in his office just to reassure both of us that our lo was indeed in there and growing.

I know it's the experience of having a missed m/c that tortures me, because I might make it that far and think everything is fine but it might not be.

Wow, sorry I also down today .

Eta: dh is at a new office now (that was during residency) and they don't do OB, so no option for a quick scan.
5 angels in my heart always

Last edited by smblake; 03-13-2013 at 08:55 PM.
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #105
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Hi ladies! I've just kind of been lurking the last little while. I never have much to say lol. I guess its because I feel like I'm in limbo. I'm at the very end of the first trimester so I'm not feeling too many early symptoms anymore (never get them too strong anyway) but I can't feel baby move yet either. The only thing I still feel is the constant need to eat and very random waves of nausea and tingly breasts. Weird. Its nerve wracking! Is it crazy that I'm also too nervous to make an appointment? I haven't been in to see anyone yet and I'm 12 weeks on Sunday. I feel like I just want to wait until I feel the baby move.

I hope everyone else doing great. I guess I'm not real connected to this group yet because I never write much. Hopefully if this baby sticks I'll be able to participate more.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #106
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMarieVDV View Post
Hi ladies! I've just kind of been lurking the last little while. I never have much to say lol. I guess its because I feel like I'm in limbo. I'm at the very end of the first trimester so I'm not feeling too many early symptoms anymore (never get them too strong anyway) but I can't feel baby move yet either. The only thing I still feel is the constant need to eat and very random waves of nausea and tingly breasts. Weird. Its nerve wracking! Is it crazy that I'm also too nervous to make an appointment? I haven't been in to see anyone yet and I'm 12 weeks on Sunday. I feel like I just want to wait until I feel the baby move.

I hope everyone else doing great. I guess I'm not real connected to this group yet because I never write much. Hopefully if this baby sticks I'll be able to participate more.
Its not crazy at all. Elena didn't have her first appt til 18 wks. We've all processed our pregnancies different & when its on the heels of a loss there is no right or wrong/crazy or not crazy. Yay for being at the end of your first tri!

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #107
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
Its not crazy at all. Elena didn't have her first appt til 18 wks. We've all processed our pregnancies different & when its on the heels of a loss there is no right or wrong/crazy or not crazy. Yay for being at the end of your first tri!
Haha, I think I'll be like Elena this time around then. I keep saying I'm going to make an appointment and then I put it off again. I have a feeling I'll keep doing that for a while yet.

Ya hopefully the end of the first tri brings good news this time!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #108
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think I was 19 weeks before I saw a midwife
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #109
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Is it crazy that I'm also too nervous to make an appointment? I haven't been in to see anyone yet and I'm 12 weeks on Sunday.
Quote:
Haha, I think I'll be like Elena this time around then. I keep saying I'm going to make an appointment and then I put it off again

I just couldn't do it, personally. The anxiety I got just thinking about walking into the Dr's office was too much to handle.
I finally forced myself at 18+ weeks because DH and I both wanted the u/s done, we needed it, if we were going to have any peace at all.
I'm sure my Dr wasn't that happy about it, but he never said anything. On my prenatal records it does say something about my first appt being at/after 18 weeks because of maternal anxiety - I'm totally fine with that!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #110
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

I just couldn't do it, personally. The anxiety I got just thinking about walking into the Dr's office was too much to handle.
I finally forced myself at 18+ weeks because DH and I both wanted the u/s done, we needed it, if we were going to have any peace at all.
I'm sure my Dr wasn't that happy about it, but he never said anything. On my prenatal records it does say something about my first appt being at/after 18 weeks because of maternal anxiety - I'm totally fine with that!
Ya I don't think my doctor will be too happy either, especially considering I don't really have a set due date since I didn't have a cycle after mc/d&c before getting pg again and if I wait any longer I'll miss the dating u/s time period. So the date I'm going by is kind of a guess/ estimate. Oh well... hopefully I can use the maternal anxiety excuse and I won't have too much trouble. Just a question, if you don't have a dating u/s, how accurate is fundal height for dating?