Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #121
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (March 1-15)

yay T!

Advertisement

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #122
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213
Welcome to the new mamas! I think I've got everyone who asked added to the list in the first post.

Melissa - do you have an edd yet? Didn't see one mentioned but I easily colud have missed it.

AFM: My rainbow squish is 3 weeks old today. Time, please slow down!
Oh yeah, sorry, edd oct 23rd.

That little bean is beautiful, congrats to the new bfp!

Afm, nausea was back full force this morning and I swear I could have taken a nap a day if I could
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #123
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
We had two losses before I was pregnant with her, but I had a feeling that "third times a charm".
We had 3 losses and then Levi. Then 2 losses and Elliana - that was part of why I felt something was off with that pregnancy, to me the 3rd had to be another loss before another rainbow, kwim? I know that's strange, but it's something that was always in my mind, and then turned out to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMarieVDV View Post
Good idea, maybe I will do that and hopefully it works. Actually if I go by the D&C date and the day I think I o'ed then its only off by a day or two anyway (since 2 weeks is always added to the O date). Thanks for the tip!
Sounds like it'll give you a good ball-park idea anyways, not weeks off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
Baby is measuring big, which is normal for me, we grow tall trees in our family. I'm 29 weeks and there were a few body parts measuring 32 weeks!
Boo for the diet restrictions/modifications, though totally worth it for a healthy babe! Those are some long parts in there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
AFM: My rainbow squish is 3 weeks old today. Time, please slow down!
Nuh-uh she is not.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #124
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smblake View Post
Afm, nausea was back full force this morning and I swear I could have taken a nap a day if I could
for feeling crappy!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #125
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

A friend of mine had a baby on Wednesday evening. She and her DH have been married for 14 years and after trying for a while, then giving up, they were finally blessed with their firstborn. She had him at the hospital where I was at with Jonathan. I went up to visit her last night, and since I was able to be kidless for the visit, I took some time to go visit L&D and antepartum and the NICU, to see if anyone remembered me so I could show them some pictures of Josiah.

I went to the NICU first but all the people who I remembered worked days and/or weekends, but I did get to talk to the charge nurse for a bit and tell her my story. I went to antepartum next, and they remembered me but didn't realize I'd lost the baby. They were so happy to see Josiah, though. I'm going to go back on Sunday to say hi to one or two more people who weren't there last night.

My friend's baby is the cutest little peanut and he has a TON of soft hair. Breastfeeding is going about as well as it can be. He's a typical super-sleepy newborn so she has trouble getting him to stay awake and eat, but he does latch and swallow.

Now comes the totally weird part. The shift changes are on the 7:00s, and my friend checked in Wednesday morning at 7:00 for her induction. At 8:00 p.m., they finally did her c-section. When I was looking at the wall of nurses' pictures in L&D, the NICU charge nurse found me again and had brought with her THE VERY NURSE who was on duty in the NICU the night we said goodbye to Jonathan. She said that she still thinks about us and prays for us all the time. <3 We cried and hugged and I showed her pictures of Josiah. I told her how I was here visiting my friend who just had a baby the previous day, etc., and she asked what time, and I told her that she was here all day for an induction and then had a c-section at 8:00 p.m. Well, this nurse was in L&D that night, and asked my friend's name b/c she had been at a c-section right at the start of her shift, and I described my friend and her DH to her, and that nurse recognized them and was the one in there with them. It was sort of neat to realize that we "shared" a nurse like that.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #126
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Andrea. I love that you "ran into" the same nurse who helped you say goodbye to him.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:20 AM   #127
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

*cree cree*
(that's crickets, btw)

How's everyone doing? How are the rainbows growing?!

Last week after dtd I had some bleeding, then it continued (tinged mucous) for the next couple days. Seems to have stopped yesterday, but Hiccup has been quieter over the weekend. I've been really busy, running around all day both days, and it has been normal for him to have a couple quiet days... but I keep thinking of the whole "baby quiets to rest before birth" thing... and that freaks me out! Today is a snow day here, so we're all stuck in the house. for some good active movement from Hiccup!

The most anxiety come from having nothing ready for Hiccup yet. At all. I mean, we have everything here except the car seat (which I'm going to order this week after our tax return is deposited), but nothing is washed or out. I suppose I should also have anxiety about being snowed in and if anything happened we'd never get to town in time... but I'm more worried about diapers and clothes and blankets needing to be washed
Old 03-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #128
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think I was about 38 weeks before everything was finally ready for Josiah, lol.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #129
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

welcome and congrats to the new ladies in our group!

Andrea-that is a great story...and I'm so happy for your friend and her hubby....how amazing after 14 years!

AFM: I made it to my brother's wedding! It was just beautiful and the whole time I was so incredibly grateful that it worked out for me (and my family) to be here! We fly home this afternoon (as long as they let me on the plane--I'm 38 weeks and 1 day ). My mom flys to us on Saturday and then Monday is my c-section! I can't wait to meet this little girl!!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #130
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
I think I was about 38 weeks before everything was finally ready for Josiah, lol.
I'd let myself start getting things out this week, if I had the room or could figure out where to put things! DH still needs to get DD's room built downstairs - planning to do it during spring break, next week. Then, I'll have the space in our room to get everything ready and out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1 View Post
AFM: I made it to my brother's wedding! It was just beautiful and the whole time I was so incredibly grateful that it worked out for me (and my family) to be here! We fly home this afternoon (as long as they let me on the plane--I'm 38 weeks and 1 day ). My mom flys to us on Saturday and then Monday is my c-section! I can't wait to meet this little girl!!
Good luck getting on the plane! And that's only a week away!