Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
MommyRamer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Should I be worried about spotting?

I'm currently at 7wk of my 3rd pregnancy. We have dd-7yo and dd-11mo. I didn't have any problems carrying either one of them until they decided to both show up at 35.5 weeks. I noticed very light brown discharge about 4 days ago. It stopped for a day or so and then started again yesterday. I still wasn't too stressed about it until this morning it was darker and then changed to a light to medium pink. No red at all yet. But I'm starting to freak out a little.
Should I just calm the heck down and call the doc tomorrow if it continues? Or is this something to be worried about? My first appt isn't until the 22nd. Any advice, mamas?

Advertisement

MommyRamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Should I be worried about spotting?

I know brown is nothing but old blood and any pink or red could be a hemorrhage or miscarry ing. Either way I would call your doc and go in tomorrow to check levels and get an ultrasound.

I hope it's nothing!!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

I agree with above, but to help ease your mind this also happened to me. I had brown spotting that turned pink at 6 weeks AND severe cramping, then again EXACT same things 2 days shy of 10 weeks. I am now 26 weeks with a so far healthy pg.

My sister also had gushing red blood three times during the first tri and carried to term. Hers was a hemorrhage.

I do think you should go in and be checked because your anxiety will get the best of you and stress and worry are not good for the baby. Please try and relax as you can see this can happen and all is well.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a little red spotting with the one I just had and carried to term. Drink a lot of water. It could be that you need more hydration. I read something about how mild dehydration can cause spotting when I was having that issue. I am kind of spacey, with a really busy mind, and will sometimes forget to drink enough, as silly as that sounds. And at the time I started to spot I hadn't been drinking enough for sure! Drank a ton of water and spotting went away. Not sure if it really helped but it can't hurt.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had spotting with this pg around 7 weeks. Mine ended up being an otherwise symptomless bacterial infection. Honestly, there are many reasons for spotting, from benign to problematic. I would call your doc tomorrow and see what they advise.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It could very well be that it's just nothing, but it's definitely worth getting it checked. I'd put in a call to your doctor anyways.
If you DTD recently, your cervix could be a little "bruised" and that could cause some light spotting too.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Yea, check with your doctor. Red/pink spotting in early pregnancy really is 50/50 either way. It can be so many things, serious or not. Try to take it easy and drink lots of fluids until you get in.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #8
MommyRamer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Update: I hadn't been drinking much water so I upped that. It's a little better today but I called my OB just to be safe. She said it's totally normal and nothing to worry about unless it turns red with clots. So we're good. Thanks for all the advice, mamas!
MommyRamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #9
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Could be normal, could be nothing... so hard to know with these things! Best of luck and I hope things continue smoothly.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #10
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyRamer
Update: I hadn't been drinking much water so I upped that. It's a little better today but I called my OB just to be safe. She said it's totally normal and nothing to worry about unless it turns red with clots. So we're good. Thanks for all the advice, mamas!
If you are still feeling anxious, call you doc back and basically demand to be seen or have hcg checked out. I had an OB that told me that once and unfortunately for me it didn't end well, but I didn't find out until 4 weeks later, I knew into heart something wasn't right but it was my first preg and I just trusted them.

Now after having 5 losses and 3 children, if something looks or feels off, I like to get to the bottom of it.

Fwiw, I've had a little spotting in all of my pregnancies, hoping for a sticky bean for you
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote