Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #91
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post

Good point! I asked my ob what he recommended and he said flying at two weeks, but he was probably only considering me and not baby.

Good question! I want to get a belly binder for sure with the c-sec.

I totally agree! They can always buy you items you may not want used (bottles, bed sheets, chew toys?) Or since your shower is after birth, they can buy bigger sized clothes since there arent as many gender neutral ones in bigger sizes. And there's always diapers!

AFM, woke up at 3 am to a dream that I peed myself. When i finally came to i realized it was more bleeding and a golf ball sized clot. So I am getting in the shower and calling my ob as soon as they open. It wasn't enough bleeding to page him, but the clot definitely freaked me out. I always seem to fall on the wrong side of statistics! Mfm suggested a 70% chance I would make it to 37 weeks... Sheesh!

Mom to Joey (Feb 2010) and another on the way (Apr 2013)!
Oh my!!!! I hope things check out okay this am!!!!

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 07:23 AM   #92
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
I have my 36w risk assessment today at the health dept. Gbs swab and maybe a cervical check. Normally, i wouldnt do the check, but im curious......so curious

Need to walk today. Must do something physical!!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #93
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 3rd - 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by NappyChappy View Post
So I had her check me and I am 4cm and 75% effaced.
Wow! I imagine baby will be here sooner rather than later!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
It is actually relaxing for me to be by myself with baby in the hospital. I do not like being by myself any other time but the hospital with a nb is HEAVEN!
That's about the only time I wouldn't mind as well!
Quote:
AFM, woke up at 3 am to a dream that I peed myself. When i finally came to i realized it was more bleeding and a golf ball sized clot. So I am getting in the shower and calling my ob as soon as they open. It wasn't enough bleeding to page him, but the clot definitely freaked me out. I always seem to fall on the wrong side of statistics! Mfm suggested a 70% chance I would make it to 37 weeks... Sheesh!

I hope everything is well! That would totally freak me out
Old 03-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #94
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NappyChappy View Post
I had my 36 week MW appointment Monday. All checked out I measured 38 weeks, blood pressure100/60, and baby heart rate 149-156. So I had her check me and I am 4cm and 75% effaced. We are hoping to have a baby mid next week but we will see. I am really starting to think that my original dates were more accurate than the ultrasound dating. By my original dates I would be 38 weeks not 36.

So with the progress I went out last night and got all my last minute items except I forgot to get a belly cast kit . I will get it Thursday after work and do it that night.

Our to-do list is still significant and I will knock several things off today since I am off due to the snow.
Wowza! How exciting!!! I hadn't thought of doing a belly cast, what do you do with yours? Display them somehow or just keep with the baby keepsakes?

Quote:

Oh my goodness! Keep us posted, I'll be thinking of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I have my 36w risk assessment today at the health dept. Gbs swab and maybe a cervical check. Normally, i wouldnt do the check, but im curious......so curious

Need to walk today. Must do something physical!!
Hope it goes well! Let us know what they say!

AFM: We watched The Business of Being Born last night, wow. Very enlightening. And I dreamt all night that I was in labor but couldn't get ahold of my work to tell them I wouldn't be there?
I've still been having random ctx, really mostly when I'm moving around. I'm having a lot of round ligament pain too. I think my body is adjusting to her going head down.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #95
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I get the others, but why is a wipes warmer a need?
We're doing cloth wipes. I got the impression that if you're going to leave them wet that you needed a warmer. Am I wrong?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #96
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I do not pre wet the cloth wipes. I use a spray bottle and and a cloth wipe. sometimes I spray the skin directly sometimes I spray the cloth then wipe.

If the wipes are pre wet they have a chance of becoming midewed.

I do live down south but I lived in the northeast for a long time and I never needed a wipe warmer.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #97
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
We're doing cloth wipes. I got the impression that if you're going to leave them wet that you needed a warmer. Am I wrong?
I plan on using a spray bottle as well I don't think that room temp wipes are bad, I never used a warmer with DS either
Old 03-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #98
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have supplies for both dry and wet methods, to see what works best for us. I also have a pre-mixed spray for the diaper bag ready to go. I'm not worried too much about mildew, since we live in a dry/high altitude climate. We'll see what happens!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #99
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
I think you could easily have a few at a time in just a regular wipes tub (or any container that was easy to access) with wipe solution/water too... i'm not to big on the spray idea personally. I like the idea of the warmer for the cloth wipes. I'm holding off until after my shower for that purchase though. I'm sure no one will buy the thing for me since it's something I really actually want. But I can hope.

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
KendallMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #100
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I actually really liked our wipe warmer for DS for the first yr or so. We are absolutely using it for #2!