Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #171
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2005 View Post
Thanks mibarra!

I looked and found jammies that were marked down(red, but never actually found a "clearance" section) but when I tried adding them to the cart, it never showed the discount???
Maybe it's done for now. Bummer

Advertisement

mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #172
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 3rd - 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
What exactly does the appt entail? Like, are you having to "apply" for the chance for VBAC? Or is it just more of a tour type thing?

Yes, weird. But it still makes sense to me
I wish I had to remember being pregnant because of the litter box, but I'm the only one in the house who cleans the darn thing
hehe.. we have cats because he loves them. If he refused to clean it, we wouldn't have cats. Of course, when he's TDY, I'll be cleaning it, but that's sorta different.

It's not that I'm applying for the vbac, but that my hospital doesn't do VBACs, so I have to deliver elsewhere. So, this is my first time going to see the doctors that will be delivering me, making sure that they have all my records, have all the information that we need to know where to go when I'm in labor, etc.

If I wanted to, I could have made arrangements to try and switch to this hospital for all my normal appts during the pregnancy, but it's an hour away and I really don't get too concerned about a relationship with 'my doctor' since I figure that no matter what, I'll be getting the on-call doctor when I go into labor. I know that's important to some people and even my doula seems a little weirded out by the fact that I am fine with just meeting them once and continuing my care locally. But, it works for me

I do not worry about staying close to home as the due date nears. Last time, I worked an hour away and lived in a hotel for weeks 33-34.... well, I thought it was like 36, but my calendar says otherwise.. ah well.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #173
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post

And for me is what I thought AFM meant.
Yeah that. I use it to separate my comments on the conversation to add something about myself.

Mibarra, big hugs from me. I have no words of advice, but I am glad you have a place with us to share.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #174
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I drink a ton of milk, it helps soothe the heartburn pain in my throat. I use maalox earlier in the pregnancy as needed and switched to pepcid with my drs blessing about a month or so ago..it helps a lot.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #175
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
35-36 weeks today!!! Just shoveled some heavy wet snow! Hoping it helps baby drop or do something lol
for you - I could use something to make Hiccup move UP, not drop! If he drops any further, he's gonna come out... or my belly will be down to my knees

Quote:
He's not pressuring me at all to make up my mind. At this point I just think he's grateful I didn't kick his butt out the door immediately, and he's trying really hard to be understanding of my feelings and do whatever I need him to do to figure this out. He said he wants to go to counseling to figure out what it is about him that makes him make these bad decisions.
It's good that he's behaving this way so far. While it sucks that he's telling you other things that have happened during your marriage, it could be a good sign that he's finally ready to confess and change.
Take your time deciding. If you can't do that until after baby comes, that's okay. Him starting counselling may be a good idea, though, even without any other decisions being made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
I can wear LO in the moby so she doesn't get too many people trying to touch her,

Yea I would think they should pay the shipping since it was their error! DH wants to get me a robe, I was looking at some on Motherhood but I've never had one and just not sure I'd actually use it. But it looks like they come with a nursing nightie so might be worth it.
Yup, I love wearing my newbies because of that - I keep them nice and close to my chest, and noone wants to inadvertently touch someone's boobs, kwim?! So, noone tries to touch baby!

I haven't called yet, but I will tonight or over the weekend.
I think I'm going to like their nursing tanks - once the initial "adjustment phase" is over (ie. milk coming in) I should be able to wear the tanks, use a prefold for a pad, and not need to wear a bra at nights

Quote:
The only thing I don't like about their store is you can ONLY return through mail unless you want store credit. BUT if it's their error they should pay to fix it. They did for my stuff once.
The return thing doesn't bother me that much, as the closest store is 3+ hours away anyways, but I'm going to make sure they don't charge me anything more to fix their own mistake.

Quote:
Does anyone know of a Motherhood coupon with all this ordering talk? Not that I need to order something else, but I do need some nursing jammies for the hosp.....

What does AFM stand for.....I get it is your personal update, but I can't get the abbreviation?

How do I quote from multiple posts and have them end up in the same post for me?
I searched for some coupon codes, didn't find anything other than links back to their own site for the B1G1 sale.

AFM = As For Me

Quote:
On the computer it's next to the quote button, looks like a piece of paper with a plus, click it on every post you wanna quote and then quote on the last one.
and for the multi-quoting.

Quote:
I looked and found jammies that were marked down(red, but never actually found a "clearance" section) but when I tried adding them to the cart, it never showed the discount???
They're B1G1, so you have to have 2 (or multiples of 2) added - they will all show in your cart, but then down below, in the totals and whatnot, it'll show a discount of the 2nd ones (the cheaper of the 2 is the one they'll discount).

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
So, this is my first time going to see the doctors that will be delivering me, making sure that they have all my records, have all the information that we need to know where to go when I'm in labor, etc.
Gotcha!

AFM: Our skating instructor called just before lessons were supposed to start to say she has food poisoning. :eyeroll: I know people get sick, but she manages to get sick or see bad roads a heck of a lot of Fridays. I really am glad we're nearly done, I'm done dealing with her. The only reason I'm wanting to deal with her any further is because we still need to get photos done for those groups... with her... oy.

So now I need to figure out supper. And get laundry moved/folded

But now I'm all cuz I can't wait for Meg's announcement! Our first April babe!!!!!!!!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #176
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie View Post
unfortunately I am up most nights for hours and have been up since before 3 am today with awful heartburn and nausea do u ladies get horrible heartburn and indigestion everyday? Any non medication remedy recommendations?
Oh my word, mine has been so bad too I take zantac because nothing else touches it, (although my doc gave me a rx to fill, haven't yet) though my mw swears by swallowing chia seeds, or slippery elm mixed with honey to make a paste. My gag reflex is not allowing me to do that, but I have had luck with the chia seeds in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I havent gained a ton, 28ish lbs this time. My first two were both 53lb. So im doing fantastic in comparison. Im okay with it.
LOL, I'm thinking 28 lbs does not count as a ton!
Quote:
Do you try to stay within a certain distance of your place of delivery as your DD gets closer?

We are going to a family get away for Deaf/HOH kids and their families this weekend, its at a hotel about 1.5 hours away, DS is super excited to go swimming in the pool, and I'm excited because I bet the water will help relieve some of the pressure!
I don't normally stay too close to home until a week or so before my edd, but right now I can't stand to be in the car...
Yay for a family get away, and especially a pool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle View Post
Heartburn: I have been taking Zantac, nothing else is helping..and I hate taking any meds. This baby is still up so high, so once she "drops" I am sure I will get some relief.

Quote:
It's good that he's behaving this way so far. While it sucks that he's telling you other things that have happened during your marriage, it could be a good sign that he's finally ready to confess and change.
Take your time deciding. If you can't do that until after baby comes, that's okay. Him starting counselling may be a good idea, though, even without any other decisions being made.

But now I'm all cuz I can't wait for Meg's announcement! Our first April babe!!!!!!!!

AFM: My parents have been here helping all week so I can rest, but they just went home. And of course, my hubby got a flat tire on the freeway on his way home. With our new tires, and in his suit. Poor guy. Hopefully our weekend isn't too busy! I have some easy projects to do, our remodel is halfway done, so it's entirely likely our house will be an embarrassing mess for our home visit with the midwifes on Monday I ordered carseats today and washed all the baby clothes this week! I've also had an increase in contractions, so it's been really good having my dad here to help. He was here all week, and my mom showed up on Thursday, but I swear having her around makes contractions worse. She just gives me stress, and she certainly is not trying to. She's been on good behavior. My dad will stay all next week, and my mom will only be here part of it since she still works. I never thought my dad would be the more helpful one And I'm happy to say he never made a rude comment that I heard at least, all week about all the kids we have
Old 03-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #177
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's funny, I'm still 4_5 weeks from Due date but still can go to bed with anything dirty. Just in case!!! Lol. After being in the ER Monday from 1130pm-6:30am I realized DH is lost when it comes to getting the toddler ready. So I spent the day organizing her drawers and all her clothes and diapers obeyed view. My odd labeled her drawers for me
Lol
She will probably get her clothes together for him, she's a huge help at 7 changes diapers and. But still, poor DH. He never has to do any of the chikd rearing so is lost when it comes.to all that.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #178
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
You're not alone in the "haven't done anything to get ready for baby yet" camp! I'm itching to, but can't do much at all until DH gets some stuff done.

I haven't done much to get ready for baby yet either. I did wash the diapers and clothes, so that's done. But we don't have the bedroom done and our house is a mess until DH finishes that so things can go back where they belong.

Quote:
I guess I should have specified, we are 45 minutes from the hospital, so this would put me about 2 hours of driving time away.
We live 1.5 hours away from the hospital (or 3.5 hours depending on if I have to change OBs), so we aren't close anyway. My last labor was 4 hours; I'm kind of nervous if we have to go to the one that is 3.5 hours away.

I would give them a maybe and go/stay depending on how you are feeling that day.

Quote:

AFM: Our skating instructor called just before lessons were supposed to start to say she has food poisoning. :eyeroll: I know people get sick, but she manages to get sick or see bad roads a heck of a lot of Fridays. I really am glad we're nearly done, I'm done dealing with her. The only reason I'm wanting to deal with her any further is because we still need to get photos done for those groups... with her... oy.

I really dislike when people take off so much because of "sickness". Of course there are times that are needed, but you kind of figure it out when it happens all the time.

I can't wait to see her announcement either!!

AFM: We are getting nowhere with insurance. We talked to 3 different people and got three different answers.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #179
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Where does everyone buy nursing shirts? I just ordered some from Gap last week and got them a few days ago. They were on sale for $7 or $8. It's so hard to order online though. I'm glad I read the reviews as everyone said to order a smaller size. I ordered an xs and small, and the small fits me right now....it covers my belly much better than my maternity shirts! So I'm going to keep the smalls for maternity shirts and nursing shirts right after, and I'm guessing the xs will fit once I lose some baby weight.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #180
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
AFM: We are getting nowhere with insurance. We talked to 3 different people and got three different answers.
Oh no. That sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
Where does everyone buy nursing shirts?
I don't buy specific nursing shirts - just these tanks I've gotten with the jammies I bought - but no others. I just make sure any shirts I wear/buy are "nursing accessible" (ie. can easily/comfortably be pulled up for nursing).
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote