Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I managed to ruin the bulk supply of diapers for my 22 month old (long story, so sad). I'm just trying to decide if it would be worth my while to buy 7-9 new diapers or continue with disposables.

Are there any diapers (preferably aio) that are trim and might actually last 4 ish hours? I've been spoiled by disposables.

I'd like them to be under $20 each & fit a 30lb girl. (no Simplex -those are the ones that I ruined /let me down)

Or would I be better off just continuing with sposies until she's potty trained? (she shows no interest at the moment & with my high needs 3 month old, it will probably be at least a few more months before I even consider trying). What age is typical for potty training? 2.5?

I've been looking at Nanas bottoms & Bottom bumpers. Thoughts on those? Better options available?

Sent from my phone

Advertisement

Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.

Last edited by Arizonah13; 03-03-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Arizonah13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Should I bother?

I'd get some diapers. Not only do I have an almost 3 year old (Friday) who is NOT ready to PT but my last attempt taught me that I was glad I did have CDs to return to when we realized it jsut wasn't going to work.
I'm using a two part system but I did find the free times pretty assorbant mine even slept all night in them on occasion with out any extra doublers and did well.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
ss456
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What did you do to ruin your Simplex? Short version of the story is ok!
ss456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss456 View Post
I let the dirties sit in the pail for about a week a few times (shortly after birth of high needs newbie). PUL is horribly cracked yet my much older bg 4.0s, kawaii, fuzzibunz, etc all work great still - I probably shortened their lifespan though.

Sent from my phone
Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #5
ss456
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss456 View Post
Sorry, I just read your other post.
ss456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #6
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy View Post
I'd get some diapers. Not only do I have an almost 3 year old (Friday) who is NOT ready to PT but my last attempt taught me that I was glad I did have CDs to return to when we realized it jsut wasn't going to work.
I'm using a two part system but I did find the free times pretty assorbant mine even slept all night in them on occasion with out any extra doublers and did well.
I love the fit of the single freetime I own on my 3 month old, but don't love it on my big girl I wish the rise was just a smidgen higher. Thank you for the suggestion!

Sent from my phone
Old 03-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #7
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

I can't get 4 hours out of anything as trim as a disposable on a 2 year old! I think that's just an unrealistic expectation with cloth, if you are willing to change more often or add a booster you have lots more choices. Honestly, I would do Diaper Rite pockets or something really absorbent like the GroVia shells with bamboo prefolds, they have a package for under $100 that would give you the shells/prefolds you need for six changes, then maybe get 2 or 3 AIOs for the diaper bag?
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #8
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonah13 View Post
I love the fit of the single freetime I own on my 3 month old, but don't love it on my big girl I wish the rise was just a smidgen higher. Thank you for the suggestion!

Sent from my phone
that was my issue as well. My girl is thin but tall. Are you opossed to pockets? Diaper safari and diaper junction make a nice pocket diaper with a good high rinse and quite inexpensive to buy. I use their covers with prefolds and diaper safari tri fold inserts but they also do a pocket version.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #9
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

For what it is worth.. 3 year old medium heavy wetter. I change every 2 hours sometimes she is bone dry (then we just wait) other tmes pretty soaked but mostly she is just wet. Ive pushed it 3 hours eaither cause I loose time or like naps etc.. Never any issues.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #10
Ebeuchat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I loved nana's bottoms on my 2.5 yo that weighs 30lbs. I did the hemp soaker option ...I don't know if they would last that long. Denise, the wahm of nana's bottoms might be able to add extra absorption somehow though. HTH!