Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #11
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I would but more....but I would prob just go with something cheap........like $10 or under a peice....or China cheapies if your not opposed to them.

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #12
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm open to pockets if they can combine absorbency and trimness. I

Which inserts would give me that combo?

Sent from my phone
Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.
Arizonah13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #13
AHASRADA
Registered Users
seller

My trimmest, best-absorbing combo on my 27 month old dd is Thirsties Duo pockets stuffed with a Thirsties hemp prefold trifolded around the hemp portion of the included doubler (I don't use the MF portion). This usually lasts 4 hours, and is surprisingly trim for that amount of absorbency.

If the trimness wasn't that important, I would definitely recommend the ME AIO. The absorbency is fabulous, and there is plenty of room to lay in extra doublers if you want. We use these for naps, outings, even overnight with a hemp doubler and cotton liner. The biggest reason I would recommend the ME AIO in your situation is that they are side-snapping and can be pulled up and down for early PLing, so you aren't investing in diapers that will be useless once she shows interest in the potty. The size XL is rated for 35-45lbs., but my 30lb dd fits in them just fine with room to grow and rows of snaps leftover to allow for fastening more loosely for PLing.

ETA: Snap EZ stuffable trainers would also be a good "diaper now, trainer later" option. In addition to Thirsties prefolds, BabyKicks prefolds are great pocket stuffers as well.

Good luck!

Last edited by AHASRADA; 03-03-2013 at 11:58 AM.
AHASRADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #14
mamamanya
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Should I bother?

I am loving my Flips organic daypack on my 22 month old! They are really absorbant and SUPER trim! The pack came with 8 diapers/flats and 2 flip covers for only $60! A great deal IMO

Last edited by mamamanya; 03-03-2013 at 12:35 PM.
mamamanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #15
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks mamas! I can't wait to look into these suggestions more closely once I'm able to get on my computer

Sent from my phone
Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #16
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonah13 View Post
I love the fit of the single freetime I own on my 3 month old, but don't love it on my big girl I wish the rise was just a smidgen higher. Thank you for the suggestion!

Sent from my phone
This is my problem with freetimes, too. Although my son was recently sick, lost 2 lbs, and now fits in them again (after not being able to wear them for 2 months).

I really like my Large Nana's Bottoms but even with the hemp soakers, but I doubt they'd last 3 hours. You could ask her to leave the back open as a pocket, that speeds drying time, too....but then it's more of a pocket dipe than an AIO (still easier to stuff than most).

If you are willing to spend more than $20 each, I would recommend Motherease bedwetter pants or the older ME AIOs if you can find them still in size large (cheaper as ~$17, but not as absorbant). The bedwetter pants supposedly hold 20 oz and my experience with ME diapers is that they do have the advertised absorbancy and that their PUL is by far and away better than any others I've tried. Both the ME dipes could be used as PullUps, too for PL if you feel that you might not get your money's worth out of a traditional diaper at her age.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #17
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What about Flip trainers? Or would those be a pain since I'd be using them more as traditional diapers for some months first?

Sent from my phone
Old 03-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #18
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Id buy some alva double gussets and double stuff them with blend inserts. Cheap and absorbent. That about the ONLY thing I found worked on my 3 y/o
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #19
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
BG Freetimes and Bottombumpers are both AIOs under $20. They are trim, the BG Freetime is a synthetic fiber and the Bottombumpers are organic cotton.
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #20
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

i have heard 18month on up. just depends on kid at the potty train age. if dry all night u could try. i read if they can get dressed or undressed you could try potty training.