Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
a.merical
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I recently bought some OS blueberry Pockets (aplix) and some Medium Swaddlebee simplex 2.0's to try out. Well, the blueberrys came yesterday (the simplexs aren't due until late next week) and I was surprised to see that my 18lb 8 month old son is already in their largest rise setting.. not their medium setting like I had assumed. Does this mean his medium sized simplexs won't fit either? Do I need the large's instead? I know the brands are very similar but I don't know much about them, nor have I ever owned any sized diapers, so I don't know how they will compare to OS diapers sizes.

Advertisement

Thankful SAHM to 'J' (06) 'P' (08) & 'K' (12)

Last edited by a.merical; 03-03-2013 at 12:06 PM.
a.merical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
vivid
Registered Users
seller

Totally depends on the shape of the baby, but my 22 lb 11 month old wears OS Simplexes on the medium setting. She was on large for a while, but now that she is walking a lot her legs thinned out. We have one old style large simplex and it is huge still. Your little guy may thin out and go back to the middle setting of the blueberries. I haven't tried medium simplex so I am no help there, sorry!
vivid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
a.merical
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid View Post
Totally depends on the shape of the baby, but my 22 lb 11 month old wears OS Simplexes on the medium setting. She was on large for a while, but now that she is walking a lot her legs thinned out. We have one old style large simplex and it is huge still. Your little guy may thin out and go back to the middle setting of the blueberries. I haven't tried medium simplex so I am no help there, sorry!
It's his thunder thighs, lol! I can't get them to fit right on the medium setting. These things weren't cheap either, so I was hoping to get some more use out of them. Now I'm really hoping these 2.0s fit when they get here.. maybe the side snaps will make a difference? I've never used them, either.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Swaddlebee/Blueberry users

My DD is 18 months and 24 lbs and is still in Medium Simplexes and the medium rise setting on the pockets. They are very different fits, so you might still get a good fit with the mediums. As he grows and becomes more mobile you might go back down to the medium setting. I was in the large setting on my BGs for a few months and have moved back down.

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #5
a.merical
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypeanut09 View Post
My DD is 18 months and 24 lbs and is still in Medium Simplexes and the medium rise setting on the pockets. They are very different fits, so you might still get a good fit with the mediums. As he grows and becomes more mobile you might go back down to the medium setting. I was in the large setting on my BGs for a few months and have moved back down.
That makes me feel better. I'm hoping when he looses that chunky-ness they will fit better..