Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Registered Users
Beco or ergo?

I am due in may and was trying to decide beco or ergo. I have smaller babies so I would need the newborn insert for sure, is one better than the other? I also have 2 older girls that can still be worn. I am 4 10 and hubby is 6 2 and he likes to wear them as well so we will need a carrier that can accommodate both of us. I am short but have broad shoulders and a big chest so I am not petite.

Wifey to amazing hubby Nick (3/7/09) and mommy to my sweet dd Avalon Maysan (4/4/10): sweet dd Paisley Larue (8/9/11) and my handsome little man Zadok Alasdair (05/24/13)
birdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:23 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Beco or ergo?

In my point of view ergo baby Carrier is best for your baby. It is the best way to support your baby and your lifestyle. It is comfort and keeps your baby safe and sound. The Ergo baby carrier is as comfortable for you as it is for your baby.
smithjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: YoliMama
My Mood:

I love, love, love my ergo! I have used it with all 3 DDs and except for the slight bulkiness of bringing it with me wherever I go, it is wonderful! That being said, I have never tried Beco so I can't really compare them. My husband also loves the ergo best out of all the carriers we've had.
Amy, wife to Craig, the love of my life
Baby Wearing, WAHM Mother of Jamila 7-05, Safa 8-08 and Rina born 4-12
3GirlieMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
Registered Users

I love my Beco Gemini, but it won't work when my baby is older( she is a small 6 month old, at 14lbs). The seat isn't wide enough for bigger babies. I haven't tried an Ergo. I was able to use it starting at about 1 month, and there is no insert. For younger babies I prefer a wrap or ring sling though. It seems more secure and provides better cuddles.
OrchidMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77

I didn't like the Ergo infant insert. Its hot and bulky. If you want something to use from day one, I would get a woven wrap or ring sling. If you really want a SSC for the newborn stage, then the Beco Butterfly would be my choice.
Christian WOHMama to DD1 7/07 and twins DD2 and DS 11/11
CASMama711 is offline   Reply With Quote