Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
3GirlieMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: YoliMama
seller

My Mood:
Robin's Hip Carry Woven Wrap Question

Is it normal for my shoulders and neck to bother me after wearing my 11 mo old for 20 minutes in the hip carry position with a woven wrap? I really want to make it work carrying DD this way, and I love my wrap, but I have not found a way to be comfortable in it yet. I try tightening it in different places, spreading the fabric out more, etc. Help!

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
saturn
Registered Users

Re: Robin's Hip Carry Woven Wrap Question

I see two main possibilities:
1. You just haven't "mastered" the carry yet. Adjusting the shoulder might help, or it can be uncomfortable if baby is too low or too loose. If you go to www.thebabywearer.com, there are tons of people who can give you tips or advice. You could even post a picture of yourself in the carry so the experts there can suggest improvements.
2. Your body is just not able to do a carry like this comfortably. This may be due to some weaker muscles, individual anatomy, shoulder structure, etc. It may get better over time (muscles get stronger), or it may not. If this is the case, you could try some back carries. It's scary at first, but your baby might like it b/c she can look around, and the weight being spread symmetrically across both shoulders might work better for you.
Good luck!
saturn is offline   Reply With Quote