Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
MacMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sized diapers for large newborn

Hi ladies!

My first baby was born large - 10lb, 6oz, and was long and chunky. We had rented a newborn trial, and wore BGXS for about 2 or so weeks, then outgrew them, but I sure loved them!

For my next baby I have a few BGXS, a few simplex, and a few prefolds and covers. I much prefer AIO's, so I was wondering if there were any recommendations for sized diapers that would fit larger newborns?

I know simplex NB goes up to about 16 lbs, and I saw bottom bumpers small has a good range. Any other recommendations?

Advertisement

"But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me"
MacMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
MacMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Anyone?

"But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me"
Old 03-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've heard Simplex last the longest, although I don't have experience with them...Lil Joeys are tiny, BumGenius XS probably won't last long either...
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #4
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sized diapers for large newborn

I have Nb simplex and small bottombumpers but haven't used them yet....I am hoping they last as long as their weight limit suggests. They are both so stinkin cute and I love the natural fibers.

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

NB simplex and thirsties duos! Both still fit my 15lb DD.
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:14 AM   #6
MacMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dncnshu00
NB simplex and thirsties duos! Both still fit my 15lb DD.
Oooh I forgot about the duos! I've heard people really like the covers - do you use the AIOs?

Old 03-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #7
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMomma View Post

Oooh I forgot about the duos! I've heard people really like the covers - do you use the AIOs?
Yep! I love how soft they are.
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #8
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sized diapers for large newborn

Alva newborn pocket diapers would definitely fit a big baby. I can squeeze one on my 30lb toddler haha. I know you prefer AIOs, but these are almost as easy and like 1/3 or less of the price.
rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #9
coquelicot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Could you just do small dipes instead of NB ones? BG smalls fit my daughter when she was 9-10 lbs (end of her 2nd month). Or are you concerned about the rise for letting the stump heal?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #10
MacMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by coquelicot
Could you just do small dipes instead of NB ones? BG smalls fit my daughter when she was 9-10 lbs (end of her 2nd month). Or are you concerned about the rise for letting the stump heal?
I'm definitely interested in small sized diapers too! My intention in starting this thread was sort of geared toward that - since I know many true newborn diapers wouldn't fit long on a big newborn. One sized diapers are great, but for the newborn stage I really like a more "custom" fit, even if my babe would need a small rather than newborn. So BG smalls are good?

And in response to the Alva's - how easy are they to stuff? While pockets aren't my favorite I have BG pockets that I don't mind stuffing since they are easy. On the other hand, Fuzzibuns always felt more difficult to stuff (to me).