Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 03:09 AM   #1
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
I LOVE food and am not a picky eater. With my other two pregnancies I had issues with squash and onion tasting/smelling off, but never a "reaction" to the foods. This time, however the twins are in complete control of my diet. For example I have been craving enchiladas. If I go to place A I'm fine but if I got to place B I can't stand them. Prepregnancy they were both good places for enchiladas but the twins hate place B and I will get heartburn like crazy if I try and eat there. Same thing happened with Chinese tonight. I was craving spring rolls and we went to the closest place instead of our normal and the twins were not happy and made it known. What scares me is if they are this picky now inside what are they going to be like as toddlers? If you had issues eating while pregnant did your kids grow up to be picky eaters or is it just a strange pregnancy thing?

Advertisement

Last edited by KCmomma; 03-15-2013 at 03:18 AM.
KCmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'd say it's a pregnancy thing. While it's true that babies can taste what we eat through the amniotic fluid, if I remember correctly, it takes about 24 hours for them to get a taste. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Picky eaters?

nothing tastes right to me while I'm pregnant and I have a very good eater.

can't eat poultry pregnant either and DD eats chicken very well.

the 24 hours thing is interesting, I guess I knew that but didn't think about it
Old 03-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #4
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

dp

Last edited by gingerpeachee; 03-16-2013 at 07:04 AM.
gingerpeachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

Gustavo is my picky eater, to the point where I have to say "you need to take 2 bites of everything before you can leave the table" and I had absolutely no food aversions with him. When I was pregnant with Joey I couldn't even look at chicken, which is what we eat every night for dinner. The first trimester I ate very little and throughout the rest of the pregnancy it was really meal by meal. I'd sit down and have to decide by looking at it if it was going in my mouth. Joey is my best little eater. Granted he can be stubborn, but if he's hungry he'll usually try whatever is on the table.

Last edited by gingerpeachee; 03-16-2013 at 07:04 AM.
gingerpeachee is offline   Reply With Quote