Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
Drama in 1st grade?

I don't remember ever having drama until much later in school. The school my dd goes to has a ski/skate program during the winter. My dd chose skating. Dh and I went up with her one day a couple weeks ago to watch her skate and to skate with her. Well she was mainly hanging out with this one friend named Mackenzie. They have been close all year. Well I saw Mackenzie sitting on the ice with this other 1st grader and saw my dd going over..so I casually skated around and overheard one of them saying my dd said something. She has an honest look on her face when she said she didn't. I have a feeling it was something stupid and I only heard a bit of it..no idea what they were bickering about. It just didn't seem nice. They got over it quickly. I didn't pry.

I had no idea there was girl drama so early. My dd isn't even 7 yet. How can I handle this in the future?

Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Drama in 1st grade?

You let them work it out. Kids will be kids. I'm not sure I really see to be concerned about. I remember kids starting all sorts of crap when I was younger.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Oh yes. One of my most hurtful 'drama' memories is from 1st grade, personally. Mostly though they get over it quickly and it's pretty silly to use adults.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Dd1 is in 2nd grade but she and her friends have fights sometimes about rather silly stuff (to me). If dd mentions it (usually because they didn't resolve it themselves by the end of school) I listen and ask her how she can solve it the next day. Usually she knows the right thing to do but sometimes I help her brainstorm ideas. I have never stepped in beyond that. While I will gladly listen and guide as needed ultimately dd has to learn to solve her own problems like these. These aren't major issues that require my help so I use them as learning experiences for her.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

OMG...my niece is in 2nd grade, and she has cousins who are 5 and 9. They were all at her birthday party this weekend and it was nothing but drama!! My SIL (not the mother of any of them) had to go over and physically shut off a video game they were playing b/c they wouldn't stop fighting and screaming at each other. It was crazy!! Made me glad I have a boy. LOL

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote