Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #11
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HS Weight Loss Thread- March

WTG 7mom7 on starting back!! so glad to see you on the road to healthy!! i understand the carboholic thing. I'm vegan, so I can fall into the carb trap really quickly!! Good luck to you!! Can't wait to see how you progress!

Advertisement

lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #12
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm on board too! Just wish I would've read this last night before consuming McDonald's this morning!

Height: 5'6"
SW: 174
CW: 168
GW: 150

I called the Y yesterday and asked about income based membership. It would cost $46/month to join the Y and we cannot afford that right not. They said that our income would put us at the 50% off rate, so DH and I are going to sit down and see if we can afford $23/month. I think we'll have to make it work-that's less than one copay and I'm hoping that increased activity will save us on medical expenses.

It's my goal to completely eliminate refined grains and drastically reduce sugar consumption. I must get the Girl Scout cookies out of my house!!!

7mom7: congrats on starting back on WW! Good luck!
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #13
7mom7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2queens&1princenmyhouse View Post
I'm on board too! Just wish I would've read this last night before consuming McDonald's this morning!

Height: 5'6"
SW: 174
CW: 168
GW: 150

I called the Y yesterday and asked about income based membership. It would cost $46/month to join the Y and we cannot afford that right not. They said that our income would put us at the 50% off rate, so DH and I are going to sit down and see if we can afford $23/month. I think we'll have to make it work-that's less than one copay and I'm hoping that increased activity will save us on medical expenses.

It's my goal to completely eliminate refined grains and drastically reduce sugar consumption. I must get the Girl Scout cookies out of my house!!!

7mom7: congrats on starting back on WW! Good luck!
Lol, I've been avoiding the girl scouts at every turn! We have gym access but there is no childcare so it's getting there that it the problem. $23 seems like a good value. Yesterday I did 30 Day Shred. Hoping to do the same today.

I had a WW smoothie this morning with Almond Plus milk, blackberries, and a banana so it was 15g of protein which seemed to satisfy me for longer. About to go make a healthy decision on lunch. So far so good, I'm not starving but I do still have the sweet/carb cravings. Hopefully my willpower will eventually get stronger or the types of food I'm craving will change.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #14
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Joining as well, thanks for starting 7mom7---

Let me just get the hard part over with....

Height: 5'4
SW: 225
GW: 140-150
Dreamworld GW: 125

I don't remember exactly when I lost control, somewhere between pregnancy 4 and 5 I think??? I have never been "thin" by most peoples standards, I always had more of an athletic type build (KWIM?), but in the last few years I have really packed on the pounds

I am headed back to WW tomorrow as well, my biggest thing with WW has been that I have to go to the meeting for accountability, but something always seems to come up, usually one of the kids after school events. I do great the first few weeks, miss a few weeks and then just don't go back....staying consistent is my problem. That and since I turned 40 the weight just won't budge. I was walking 3 miles a day this summer and barely lost anything ???

I've got to stick with it though, I can tell my health is starting to take a toll. I have to tell myself that I need to do this for my kids that I'm around for them many years to come.
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #15
7mom7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysweetseven View Post
Joining as well, thanks for starting 7mom7---

Let me just get the hard part over with....

Height: 5'4
SW: 225
GW: 140-150
Dreamworld GW: 125

I don't remember exactly when I lost control, somewhere between pregnancy 4 and 5 I think??? I have never been "thin" by most peoples standards, I always had more of an athletic type build (KWIM?), but in the last few years I have really packed on the pounds

I am headed back to WW tomorrow as well, my biggest thing with WW has been that I have to go to the meeting for accountability, but something always seems to come up, usually one of the kids after school events. I do great the first few weeks, miss a few weeks and then just don't go back....staying consistent is my problem. That and since I turned 40 the weight just won't budge. I was walking 3 miles a day this summer and barely lost anything ???

I've got to stick with it though, I can tell my health is starting to take a toll. I have to tell myself that I need to do this for my kids that I'm around for them many years to come.
Welcome! I'm excited to have someone else following WW. I've lost 2 pounds since Monday but I assume some of that has been water weight. I also tried walking last summer and doing the recumbent bike. I was burning 1000 calories a day and nothing, not a pound! I have PCOS so it can be a bit harder to lose the weight but it doesn't help that all I want to eat is junk and carbs.

It was really encouraging to be sitting next to people in the meeting that had lost 25+ pounds. I also got lots of food tips that were low points that I wouldn't have though of myself. When I did WW online it wasn't really effective for me. I need the meetings too.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #16
7mom7
Registered Users

Oh, and I did 30DS again today! I'm pretty out of shape so I couldn't keep up all the way but at least I tried. We're a pretty modest family so I had avoided doing it with the kids because there are some bare tummies but I can't really fit it in at night so I had to get over that part. They did it with me, good news is that it got some energy out. I did turn the volume down though b/c there are a few words I'd rather they not pick up.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #17
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a friend that did WW and she lost 80+ lbs and has kept it off, she swears she is a different person now and LOVES it...she WANTS to exercise, move and eat healthy, it's no longer a have too....I wish that I would have stuck with the WW when I started when she did......

The online does not work for me either...
Old 03-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #18
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a friend that did WW and she lost 80+ lbs and has kept it off, she swears she is a different person now and LOVES it...she WANTS to exercise, move and eat healthy, it's no longer a have too....I wish that I would have stuck with the WW when I started when she did......

The online does not work for me either...
Old 03-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #19
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just checking in for today.

I need to drink more water.

Breakfast: Juice made from 2 stalks of celery, 2 kale leaves, a handfull of spinach, 3 carrots and 3 apples. Leftover fried rice from the fridge--trying to eat up leftovers so I can fill the fridge with better food.

Lunch: scrambled egg with ham and banana
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #20
7mom7
Registered Users

Me too on the water...I haven't had any today.