Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #11
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stillbirth at 38 weeks

the reason for 6 weeks is so the lining returns back to norm, as well as the size of the uterus. If I were you, I would want the best medicine which would be trying again.
losing a baby that far along is beyond something i could imagine. I am so sorry for your loss. I have had several myself but your situation is incredibly hard.

did they check the placenta to see if it malfunctioned somehow? it seems after 38 weeks there is a higher risk of stillborn with anyone who's placenta is not working as well as it should, hence the reason for weekly checks in the end.

I wish you the best. many hugs

Advertisement

Last edited by homebirthmom; 03-05-2013 at 09:07 AM.
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
nana2peach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry for your loss. My first cousin's firstborn was born sleeping. She had a councillor tell her to wait several months to TTC again because she needed to deal with the loss of her infant son.
Sending healing hugs your way ((((()))))
nana2peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #13
bhunt479
Registered Users
seller

Thanks to all for the kind words.
homebirthmom-placenta was checked throughly at birth and thru autopsy and no issues, same as umblical cord.
I know I can't replace her and emotionally we are still hurting, but I do think this pain will subside and my angel will get me through.
As for DH and I, we've been together 18 years, and this being our first pg, although unplanned, we truly know now that we want to be parents.
It's that feeling of wanting to give a baby our love that's fuelling this need for another. Whether I can heal emotionally in 6 weeks or a year is debatable, but I do know for sure this motherly love has to be expended.
As for the physical part, drinking red raspberry leaf tea to help tone.
What about the hormones, how long do they take to get to normal levels? Or does this matter for the next pg? TIA
bhunt479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #14
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Oh mama, I don't have any words of advice for you but I too wanted to say how sorry I am. How devastating! I am praying for peace, strength and eventually that miracle baby.

Years ago, before I was born, my mom had a friend that had a stillbirth. It was her first pregnancy and a devastating experience for her, so devastating she had to move because the reminders were too painful for her. She didn't know if she would ever have the strength to endure pregnancy again, and she was afraid. She also knew that her desire was to have a baby, and fill that void, not replace the one the she lost. Not long after that, she became pregnant again, with a beautiful healthy baby boy. She went on to have 3 beautiful healthy sons. So I guess I just want to say, you WILL get that miracle baby!

Again, I'm so so sorry! Your story made me cry. I admire your strength though, you seem like a very strong woman!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #15
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

no advice, just hugs to you mama.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #16
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama, how heartbreaking I am so sorry for your loss.

I don't know what they would recommend as far as timing to ttc again goes - I would assume Drs would say, physically 6 weeks... but there is the emotional part to it, too. And there's no right answer there.

for peace for you and your DH, through grieving the lost of your precious wee babe.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #17
Pumpkinnoodlemama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am deeply, deeply sorry for your and your husband's loss. One year is what my doctor recommended (but we conceived through IVF so maybe it is different when conceiving naturally).

I would [I]highly[I] recommend giving your heart and spirit time to heal a bit before trying again. I wonder if being pregnant again might bring up more sadness over your loss than it would if you took time to fully grieve right now?

Lots of light to you, mama.
Pumpkinnoodlemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #18
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

hugs
Old 03-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #19
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am so very sorry mama. I know no words can comfort you in this heartbreaking time. I am truly sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family. I would say 6 weeks to try again but I know some don't wait that long. If your body is healing fine then go for it if your mentally ready.
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #20
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Mama, so so sorry to hear this. My daughter was born at 34 weeks and lived for two hours 8 months ago. Our situation was different as we knew she had trisomy 13. I have been a part of a forum on baby center called "perinatal stillbirth and infant loss". It's been so so helpful to "be" w other mamas who understand completely. I'd encourage you to check it out.

Our dr said to wait a year but I've had a v section and that may be part of it. We've been trying though. I've been seeing a counselor(it's been so good to do that!). And she says its important to wait till your heart is ready. That will mean different for all of us but I know I do need to be in a good place before our next little one comes.

I
Again, I know our stories are different but I am praying for you. Please feel free to message me if you'd like to talk!