Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #21
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stillbirth at 38 weeks

I'm so sorry for your loss....no answers for your question but couldn't pass this thread by without giving you hugs!

Advertisement

Hyenacart, Babyshapes on Etsy
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #22
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

So sorry for your loss ((hugs))

Sent from my droid
Old 03-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #23
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My OB recommends a minimum of 3 months between pregnancies while taking prenatals. She said your body needs to stock up on what was used especially calcium/folic acid etc. It's important to concentrate on get healthy again. Obviously you should discuss this with your doctor and see what they think would be best.

I had a loss. I used a fetal doppler at home to listen to the heartbeat with my DD when I felt insecure. I swear it kept me sane. They are usually about $100 and well worth the price.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #24
MakingHome
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry for your loss. (((Hugs and prayers)))

I aim to encourage Christian women at Making Home.
MakingHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #25
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

I'm so sorry. I have no experience with this but a coworker lost her baby at 38 weeks a few years ago and she was pregnant a year later with a baby who was born healthy at term. I don't know if she waited to get pregnant or if it just took a while the second time. I'm sure she was a basketcase the entire second pregnancy but everything went well in the end.
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #26
starsandbutterflies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama, so sorry for your loss. Your doctor should be able to help you find an answer at your 6 week pp appointment. I too have heard to give your body a year to fully recoup after full term birth, but 2 of mine are 11 months apart and everything turned out just fine for me. Sending prayers for you and a rainbow baby. Hugs! Again so very sorry.
starsandbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #27
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So much love to you
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #28
girlichick
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunt479
Thanks to all for the kind words.
homebirthmom-placenta was checked throughly at birth and thru autopsy and no issues, same as umblical cord.
I know I can't replace her and emotionally we are still hurting, but I do think this pain will subside and my angel will get me through.
As for DH and I, we've been together 18 years, and this being our first pg, although unplanned, we truly know now that we want to be parents.
It's that feeling of wanting to give a baby our love that's fuelling this need for another. Whether I can heal emotionally in 6 weeks or a year is debatable, but I do know for sure this motherly love has to be expended.
As for the physical part, drinking red raspberry leaf tea to help tone.
What about the hormones, how long do they take to get to normal levels? Or does this matter for the next pg? TIA
Oh mama hugs! I am so very sorry. We lost our daughter unexpectedly to stillbirth in June 2011 and nothing can prepare you for the heartache. We miss her everyday! In our case, it was a fluke and her cord got twisted. A very good friend of mine lost her first baby as well at 39 weeks and they never discovered why. So many times they do not. My husband and I did a grief group for parents who have had a stillbirth or infant loss and it helped us immensely.

We had our rainbow baby 6 months ago in September and like you I was so eager to be pregnant again and experience the "good" part. She will never in a million years replace Abigail, but I am so very thankful for her and getting pregnant and going through with a pregnancy again was 1000x worth it. My OB and midwife both said waiting was old advice and to try again as soon as we wanted (they said this at my 2 wk check up). Try whenever you feel ready. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your baby. I loved the devotional Grieving the Child I Never Knew. I still grieve and miss her every day, like I said. Over time it becomes something you can live with, but like I said its not something that can be replaced, etc. it isn't like you can "get over" it. Hugs mama. <3
Old 03-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #29
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hugs mama.
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #30
mhschool6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers! I have a friend who suffered a 40 week loss with her first child. She has had 5 children since.
Hannah- married to M for 14 yrs: Mama of 7 amazing children! Ages 13yrs down to 23mos And expecting #8 January 2014!!!
mhschool6 is offline   Reply With Quote