Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
July 2013 chat: Mar. 5-17

Woohoo! FINALLY 20 wks & only 7 wks til the 3rd tri!

Anyone have anything exciting going on this week? I'm still battling my desire to know gender. I'm better than I was last week, but I'm still terrified of gender disappointment at delivery. My mom helped me a ton last night. She told me that for a few seconds she was terribly disappointed when they said "its a girl" when I was born, but it never crossed her mind again the second she saw me. And I know that will be true for me too. So I'm trying to focus on what I know I will feel when this precious bean enters the world instead of what I fear I will feel.

Advertisement

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
PaisleyDeann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom
Woohoo! FINALLY 20 wks & only 7 wks til the 3rd tri!

Anyone have anything exciting going on this week? I'm still battling my desire to know gender. I'm better than I was last week, but I'm still terrified of gender disappointment at delivery. My mom helped me a ton last night. She told me that for a few seconds she was terribly disappointed when they said "its a girl" when I was born, but it never crossed her mind again the second she saw me. And I know that will be true for me too. So I'm trying to focus on what I know I will feel when this precious bean enters the world instead of what I fear I will feel.
Have you decided to have another ultrasound and find out gender or just wait it out even though you really want to know now?! I am team green and have been totally cool calm and collected about not knowing gender and focusing on that moment at birth but Im expecting it to start bugging me toward the end when it gets closer to July lol! It's amazing every kick I feel and every movement I just love this little baby so much and this pregnancy is different at the point since I am in love with my "child" inside of me versus my son or daughter!! I know you feel the same so in that sense when baby comes out its your child that you have already bonded with and loved from the minute you conceived versus a son or daughter Just a different way to look at it

Finding out is equally exciting though because shopping is so much fun!!!! <3 Did you give your mom the card with gender in it?? I can't remember....

PaisleyDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yes, my mom has the sealed envelope with the u/s pics in it that reveal boy or girl.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
stephbrown13
Registered Users

Re: July 2013 chat: Mar. 5-17

Were you hoping for a boy or a girl? I have two boys and was really hoping for another. I was worried I'd be disappointed if it was a girl but I'm so excited!

With DS1 I was REALLY hoping for a girl. I cried and was upset for awhile after finding out he was a boy. Then I fell in love so much that all I wanted after that were more boys!

I think you end up loving whatever you have
Mama to DS1 05/03/10 and DS2 12/13/11. Due with #3 07/21/13
stephbrown13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I really want you to find out what you're having! Haha. I'm a bad influence. I want to know so bad though
It will be exciting for you either way! But you have a boy and a girl so it's a great time to be team green! With our third I want to be team green too
Old 03-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #6
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephbrown13 View Post
Were you hoping for a boy or a girl? I have two boys and was really hoping for another. I was worried I'd be disappointed if it was a girl but I'm so excited!

With DS1 I was REALLY hoping for a girl. I cried and was upset for awhile after finding out he was a boy. Then I fell in love so much that all I wanted after that were more boys!

I think you end up loving whatever you have
Honestly, I go back & forth, but I mostly hope for a girl. With DS I had gd but was over it in a few days & could not have been more in love when he got here. So I know I will be in love no matter which one comes out. But I'm completely in love with my girls name but my boys name not so much...but its non-negotiable. I did get to choose what he goes by so that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyleah87 View Post
I really want you to find out what you're having! Haha. I'm a bad influence. I want to know so bad though
It will be exciting for you either way! But you have a boy and a girl so it's a great time to be team green! With our third I want to be team green too
I was team green with DD & then found out early with DS, & I LOVED the surprise at the end with DD the most. But for some reason, guess my fear of gd, its not feeling quite the same with this one as it did with DD. But I'm getting there.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How's everyone doing this week?! Nothing exciting here. 21 wks & love that I now have more time behind me than ahead of me. Bean is really getting busy today. Its like there's a dance party going on in my belly.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #8
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: July 2013 chat: Mar. 5-17

It sure is quiet around here!

I'm trucking along and getting frustrated in general. We are renovating the kitchen so everything is crammed here and there and I have no room to sew. And I've got a huge sewing bug!!! I want to make diapers and dresses and big sister dresses. I'd like to make myself an Easter dress too! First world problems, I know, but it doesn't make me less frustrated.

Baby girl bounces around like a raquetball in there now. She feels pretty sharp and bony to me. She also feels transverse, but I'm NOT going to obsess over that-yet.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:
It IS quiet around here. I haven't checked in in a while. The sewing bug has also hit me. I made 4 pp mama pads (obv and minky) yesterday, a minky/satin 30"x40" baby blanket, and repaired 10 BG pockets. Smallest dd just turned one and is poo trained and I've yet to decide whether to try to fully potty train before July. 16 months olds is a tad young to me. All my other girls were between 17 and 20 months though, so I guess not that much difference. I went crazy buying BG's for cheap in case I have 2 in dipes. A larger rotation never hurt anyone, right?

My 5 yo begged me to sew something today. I let her repair her little sister's pillow pet and she did GREAT! dh videoed her doing it.

I made my first fondant cake (Guess How Much I Love You theme) and learned how to make a bracelet (not the elastic kind) all in one weekend for DD's birthday. It's tradition they get a baby bracelet made by me on their first birthday and the jewelry/bead store in town had closed their business. Youtube to the rescue, lol! I'm also knitting lace mohair baby wraps for newborn pics. (A purpley fuschia one and a blue one--girl or boy, I'll be covered.)
also made 7 pounds of homemade organic soap this week.

Baby is transverse and kicking mostly upwards toward my stomach.
Last week at ultrasound, had both feet right in front of face. Tech kept laughing and also did a good job at hiding any goods (or lack of).

Hubby got me a Destination Maternity (Motherhood) gift card for Valentine's. And today, sent me to a salon for my birthday (tomorrow). He knows I won't spend money on myself much so gets me gc's that I can't use except for me.

Hope everyone's having a grand weekend!

Last edited by snugglesnsunshine; 03-16-2013 at 04:31 PM.
snugglesnsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #10
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nothing new here! I'm heading back to NC Thursday, I've had a great time visiting family but I'm ready to get back to mr. Husband
I'm excited to set up the nursery!
I'm putting emery through some serious transition when we get home. He's 20 months so we are potty training and moving him to a twin bed. If that goes well I'm taking away his paci too :-/ wish me luck. Haha