Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #21
Kunkle
Registered Users

Re: Approaching daycare about using cloth

We have one on the way and checking out daycare centers. Surprisingly all have been very open when approached about the subject of CD. I always start the conversation with "would you consider allowing CD".

Advertisement

Kunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #22
ahoward89
Registered Users
seller

Great thread! I was really worried about cloth and daycare. Thanks!
ahoward89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #23
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yep, just take one in and show them when you ask...I was prepared for a big fight, but they were really easy going about it, both ladies actually were expecting flats or prefolds with pins and were actually cool with that too, but they were surprised when they saw snaps and saw how easy they were. Only thing they said was "well, we can't wash them for you", to which I laughed and said I never expected them to. They prefer that each dirty diaper go in a Ziploc bag inside the wetbag, but I just got some cheapy freezer bags (vs. the thinner sandwich/storage bags), and rinse them out each night and stick them back in the wetbag each day. They don't rinse or roll poo off diapers, just stick them right into a Ziploc bag and I deal with it when I get home, doesn't take more than a few minutes.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #24
Solcatia
Registered Users

When we were searching for a daycare, we took a sample of our cloth diapers and a wet bag with us so they could see how easy it was. Luckily, the daycare we wanted was really open to cloth diapers, since we made it no more difficult than disposables. Our DS was the 1st baby in that daycare to ever use cloth and now I think that there are 3 more. :-) Yaay! The key is to make is simple for them. We used GroVia hybrid/AI2 and prebuilt them and brought in restock each day, along with a new wet bag. At the end of the day, simply take home the used wet bag & diapers and bring new ones back in the morning. Worked VERY well. Good luck!
Solcatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #25
Solcatia
Registered Users

Oh and here is a GREAT link. Check out the cloth diaper friendly daycare listing too.
http://daycare.realdiaperindustry.org/
Solcatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #26
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I hope this thread gives me the courage to take in diapers to show our new daycare. The owner thought it was against state regulations- I casually brought up cloth and it went tense fast. It isn't against any regulation, but I'm so used to people recoiling at the thought of cloth, the thought of a battle turns my stomach. Our current daycare actually can't do it because it is NAYEC accredited (oh, are they thankful for that! they never would have done it- maybe DS's current class, but no other for sure). (we are a daycare center family)
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #27
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well and update finally!

It went beautifully and we have been using cloth for a month now. He has a special hook that his wet bag hangs on And they have done nothing but rave about his diapers. We have had no leaks or anything. They were quite surprised at how easy it was. Our daycare owner just wanted to make sure how they needed to be stored and withing 2 days we were using them. It had been awesome
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #28
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Glad to hear it's working out well!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:55 PM   #29
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieandtheboys View Post
Well and update finally!

It went beautifully and we have been using cloth for a month now. He has a special hook that his wet bag hangs on And they have done nothing but rave about his diapers. We have had no leaks or anything. They were quite surprised at how easy it was. Our daycare owner just wanted to make sure how they needed to be stored and withing 2 days we were using them. It had been awesome

love your update!

I hope it will give me confidence to try!
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #30
winodini
Registered Users

I'm glad to see your daycare allowing them! Mine does too; so very helpful! The room lead liked them so much she switched her daughter to them as well.