Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
Carebearmom22
Registered Users
seller

Etiquette on pending items FSOT

I've had a few instances in which two people are interested in the same item. I always offer it to the first person who responded, but when it takes more than twenty four hours to hear back from that person to finalize a purchase, I am always tempted to move on to the next person in case I never hear back from the first, but I certainly don't want to sell items out from under anyone either. What is the appropriate etiquette in these cases?

Advertisement

Carebearmom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller

Re: Etiquette on pending items FSOT

I give 36 hours. I do let them know I'm giving them a timeline (i state the time in my time zone), but I refuse to wait days upon days upon days.
WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

After that long they usually aren't going to buy it & I move on. I have NEVER had anyone actually buy it after that long without contact. Even if they have asked for my paypal info!
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

24 hours for me....thats for communication not necessarily payment

Currently working on...Leading my heart where it should go....not yelling....and practicing patience.
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I give 24 hours after I send my pp addy for them to pay. I also let the other person interested what is going on.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

1. A seller should always tell the first person they have a set time limit to pay when you give your paypal address & the total.
2. A seller should let the 2nd person know the item is pending. If the item sells, tell them so they can move on. If it doesn't sell, follow up to ask if they are still interested.
3. A seller should mark the item as "pending" in your listing.
4. A seller should Always mark the item as sold when you get paypal.
5. A seller should NOT tell someone with low feedback an item is "pending" and a month later still have it for sell. (They more than likely can provide a 2nd source of feedback like ebay to make the seller feel more comfortable. Don't use "it's pending" as an excuse to not sell to a person. Be honest.)
6. A buyer should be honest about time of payment. If a buyer wants an item to be held till "Friday" when they will have paypal.... they need to ask if that is okay. A buyer should not assume a seller will hold an item. If a seller does "hold" an item, the buyer should pay when promised.
7. A buyer should not ask for paypal address & total unless they plan to actually buy the item. If a buyer changes their mind, they should immediately contact the seller and let them know!
8. A buyer should not expect an "indefinite" hold. "Can you please hold XYZ till I sell my ABC and can pay for it?" If a buyer can't pay for an item & doesn't have a set time when they will have funds, the buyer should wait till they have $ before shopping. If a seller wants to agree to this situation, they should set a time limit. ("I'll hold it for 3 days and after that I'm going with the next person that shows interest.")
9. Communication is very important and both the buyer & seller should communicate.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #7
Carebearmom22
Registered Users
seller

This is great advice everyone!
Carebearmom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #8
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Unless we discuss another time frame like agreeing on a day of the week, I give 24 hrs, a reminder email and then the next morning I offer to the second buyer.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #9
soshilbutrfli
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm new to DS and just made my first purchase within the past few days. I was the first to respond, and wanted to purchase near 50% of the seller's lot for sale, including a set of hot items. The seller contacted me, advising of the price upon which she would agree as some items were negotiable. I responded within 2.5 hours and by then the set of hot items had already been sold. I was really disappointed that the seller couldn't even wait 3 hours before selling off part of my order during our negotiations. Although deflated, I ended up purchasing the remaining items from my original inquiry, and the seller was otherwise friendly and respectful. Does anyone have any recommendations on what kind of feedback I should provide to the seller based on the etiquette shown?
soshilbutrfli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #10
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by soshilbutrfli
I'm new to DS and just made my first purchase within the past few days. I was the first to respond, and wanted to purchase near 50% of the seller's lot for sale, including a set of hot items. The seller contacted me, advising of the price upon which she would agree as some items were negotiable. I responded within 2.5 hours and by then the set of hot items had already been sold. I was really disappointed that the seller couldn't even wait 3 hours before selling off part of my order during our negotiations. Although deflated, I ended up purchasing the remaining items from my original inquiry, and the seller was otherwise friendly and respectful. Does anyone have any recommendations on what kind of feedback I should provide to the seller based on the etiquette shown?
Positive. Unless you said, yes, I want these items, send me your pay pal address, they were not called for.