Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Let's talk Easter baskets!!

I have no idea what to get DD this year. Normally I spend a decent amount of money but I don't have it this year. For example, last year she got a leapster and a bunch of other stuff. I easily spend $100 plus on Easter. Yeah, not happening this year. I also don't want a bunch of crap since I'm trying to not replace all the toys I got rid of a few months ago.

My only real idea is some scarves. DD has some playsilks from a WAHM but I sold them bc I needed the money. Scarves can be found at the thrift store for practically nothing and she loves playing with her friends scarves.

Any other cheap/useful ideas?!?!

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Let's talk Easter baskets!!

I do one small toy (~$10), one book (school bookfair is next week), 1-2 specialty candy items. Oh, and this year they're both getting a set of PJs because I already had them some that I got on clearance after Christmas anyway!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My children love activity books like maze books or puzzle books. coloring books as well. i can usually find them cheap online - and target right now is getting rid of a lot of their stuff.... i noticed many activity books on super clearance last week.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we do 1 toy, a book( we will be skipping the book this year) and some fruit pouches, some candy. Our two are really happy as we have been cutting back on the amount of money spend and junk we buy them. But I do spend a little more on their snacks, fruit pouches, the yogurt puffs and candy than the one toy we do get them.
Anna0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
weareborgswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you have a decent thrift store you can get stuffed animals for cheap - $1.29 for most at my store- even giant ones- I wash them in the washer and let them air dry and they come out like new most of the time.

Also books there- You can also get baskets- You could do a stuffed animal "family" - find 2 large and 1 small of similar animals (like dogs, or cats, rabbits, etc), a book, and the scarves, plus hit the dollar store for a coloring book and crayons (our's has had the twisty crayons the last few visits), some stickers, and a bag of jelly beans and one pack of eggs to put the jelly beans in- would look impressive to a child, and if I was to do this it would be $10-$15 depending on the scarf prices.

My kids are each getting one thing this year- son is getting a thrifted but like new game, girls are each getting an American Girl doll bowling outfit/pin set I purchased on Cyber Monday. Then a small bit of candy to share- might be making some peanut butter eggs from a recipe I found for this.
weareborgswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
happyhats
Registered Users
seller

This year we are doing a color wonder pack each, set of bunny ears that will later go to dress up, and a movie each. Oh, and I got us some decals to put on the windows later this month and we will dye eggs to later hunt. We will do a small amount of candy, maybe a box of annies bunny crackers, I don't want to buy tons of candy because my kids will get some from others as well.
happyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #7
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am following the Christmas idea...

Something to play
Something to share
Something to eat
Something to wear

We have 2 Easters (Greek orthodox and Christian)...so my kids get double the baskets.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #8
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

I get a sand bucket at the $store and a coloring book, some good candy (dh and I end up wasting most of it) some bubbles, some favorite snacks, and a fun toy. I spend less than $20 per kid.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #9
ambieone
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used to do mostly candy, but it usually gets thrown away, so this year I'm changing it up. I'm going to do 1 candy item (favorite of each child) and then I've been stocking up on good deals of things I thought they would like: avon body paint (I bought these and put in the kids stockings on Christmas and they loved them!), slap bracelets for dd, buzz light year imaginext toy for ds, nintendo ds game for dd and a $20 vtech game card for ds to use for his innotab (paid $13 on amazon). Everything I bought was either on clearance at the store or price dropped by a good amount on amazon. All the things I got on amazon I used gc's I earned with sb's and the avon stuff I bought I got free shipping when I spent $10 but again I used pp I earned using sb's. So very little is coming out of pocket for Easter!
ambieone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #10
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you have really basic sewing skills you could make her night gowns out of t-shirts from the thrift store (I highly recommend sticking with the thicker ones, like beefy ts).

We were just at michaels today and they had quite a few packs those plastic toob animals on clearance for $3.99 and they had paint with water pads for $1 as well as lots of other cheap art stuff.

My girls are getting paint with water pads and pajamas for spring equinox I might do a treat, but we have so much else going on right now (ODD's birthday, baby due soon) that I don't want to do too much.
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote