Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #21
poohbear1208
Registered Users
seller

We always do a swimsuit, candy, and a couple of items from the $1 section at target, like cute socks

Advertisement

poohbear1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #22
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

We spend $20 on baskets for each kid. older kids get a $10 gift card and some candy. Littles get a couple books and crayons or small toy and some gummis.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #23
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Let's talk Easter baskets!!

We raided the dollar store got some planters and flower seeds, bubbles, hula hoops, sidewalk chalk, a cute bucket thing to put everything in/ plant outside in the dirt with, butterfly nets, seems like a couple other small things but I don't remember right now. I also bought 2 play silks from dharmas, long ones 36x84ish, and just dyed them with kook aid. I'll use them for the grass, and they haven't had long ones before so they'll like it
Old 03-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #24
happiness
Registered Users
seller
seller

Each child is getting a spring/summer outfit, already purchased. Going to put goldfish in each basket, coloring books, bubbles and chalk. Recycling last years basket, and getting most of what I can at dollar store. Planning on 11 to 12 per kid. Although, I will still have my side dishes to take to Easter and some eggs to make for a hunt.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #25
happiness
Registered Users
seller
seller

Each child is getting a spring/summer outfit, already purchased. Going to put goldfish in each basket, coloring books, bubbles and chalk. Recycling last years basket, and getting most of what I can at dollar store. Planning on 11 to 12 per kid. Although, I will still have my side dishes to take to Easter and some eggs to make for a hunt.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #26
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We have 4 kids (it's getting expensive). They are getting beach towels, flip flops, swin suits, chocolate bunny and sunglasses
Old 03-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #27
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

Grandma always sends us an Easter package -- usually a gift card or two for us, some of DH's favorite candy, and some small things for the boys. I put the boys' stuff in their basket, so that way I only have to buy a couple of things for them. I've got some stickers I got on the clearance rack last year for the 4 year old, and I will probably get a can of puffs for the 2 year old. They both really like those bottles of juice with different characters on them so they will probably each get one of those. My parents always hid our Easter baskets as kids, so we are keeping up that tradition.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #28
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I usually try to get them stuff they actually need too....like the spinning toothbrushes!

Usually I will do a small toy each, some chocolate bunnies/candy, some decent snacks(I break up the archer farms boxes of organic snacks or annies bunnies between the kids, lol) some summer stuff like the chalk and bubbles too.

I'm backing away from the dollar store etc as I'd rather get them stuff they will use then more crap I end up throwing away.

Oh...the baby I do stuff like cali baby shampoo, baby snacks, pacifier....he's nuts about mickey mouse so I have DH checking out the disney store by his work.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #29
mycdsqueaker
Registered Users
Formerly: juliasmom92905
seller

I bought each girl a dress and pair of Bobs shoes (all on sale).
Target has Hello Kitty stuff in their $1 bins so each one will get chalk, bubbles, playing cards, stickers, coloring book and a pack of hair clips. They'll each get 2 or 3 pieces of candy.

The dresses they can wear on Easter and then afterwards. They needed shoes and clothes so doing it this way makes it more exciting
Old 03-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #30
jenbengtson
Registered Users

My Mood:

the girls get one small toy and then they get one movie to share. then some candy