Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
anne_josh
Registered Users
seller

Filling out paperwork, 2 questions ..and irrational nervousness

So they lost our first set of paperwork. I knew I should have made a copy! I am done with the classes and have my certificate and we do CPR class next weekend. I'm now filling out the second set of paperwork (personal history, policy agreements, etc) and it has two forms that I was never given the first time.. medical history and fire safety plan.

The medical history one has me nervous because I take an antidepressant. I know it's usually not a problem for the SW. I'm really stable on a low dose of medication and I've never been suicidal or psychotic or anything remotely close. I guess I just feel self-conscious. Also, DH has high blood pressure. Probably me fussing about this is not helping him Has anyone addressed medical concerns with their SW, and how did it go?

On the fire safety plan, my basic idea was that we have fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, a ladder that hangs out the window for the 2nd story bedrooms and that we would all meet by the detached garage after exiting the house, and parents are responsible for making sure all kids are out. How detailed do I need to be, or are they just looking to make sure we've thought about it? The form isn't very explanatory.

Thanks so much for suggestions.

Advertisement

anne_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't know anything about the fire safety plan but I can assure you that the health things you mentioned would not be an issue here AT ALL. don't ask me how I know. Lol
Old 03-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
carrollrj25
Registered Users

I do CPS work and I'm still nervous about the medical/mental health portions of the paperwork. We are in the process of becoming licensed for another county.
carrollrj25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
Robin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Filling out paperwork, 2 questions ..and irrational nervousness

about the paperwork. We are being re-licensed in a new state, and the caseworker told us on Friday she never got the big stack of papers we dropped off - it had everything in it, and of course, it did not even occur to me to make copies. Thankfully, I found out Monday they found our paperwork, but I spent all weekend so worried.
For our fire form here, we had to draw the layout of our house and label a primary and alternate exit for each room, smoke detector locations, fire extinguisher locations, and meeting places for fire and tornado.
Our medical paperwork had a box for the dr to check off - Do you think the foster parent's physical or mental health would jeopardize a foster child? I'm sure that is all they are looking for in your state as well, and it does not sounds to me like those things would be a problem.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
anne_josh
Registered Users
seller

Re: Filling out paperwork, 2 questions ..and irrational nervousness

Robin, thanks for the tips on the fire plan--I had dh get a copy of our floorplan because I can't draw for anything. I think it's ok now. If not I am sure they will tell me. LOL

I'm no longer nervous about the paperwork (as far as what's in it) just that they'll lose it again >:
anne_josh is offline   Reply With Quote