Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #11
betsybikes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yup, I also have not really taken off those last 5 lbs. from my 19 mo. Trying to focus on healthy eating, not indulging in every craving, and staying active. I love walking and kept up really well with my last two, but still gained 40+ lbs. I started in low 120s with both, so told myself it was ok to gain. Came off super easy with my first...just put him in a stroller or backpack and went. Life got busy with number two, so I have been yo-yo-ing.

Generally ok with where I'm at, but don't want to let it slide. Trying to tone up during the first trimester to get a head start.

I am one hungry mama when pregnant or b'fing. Trying to focus on healthy snacks, but it's really hard when my co-workers have chocolate EVERYWHERE!!

Advertisement

My mixed lot listed here:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...1#post17149541
betsybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #12
Sristi
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else watching their weight this pregnancy?

I gained 45 lbs last time, but lost it pretty quickly. Back at my pre-preg birth weight by 9 months pp, which was my goal. Even so, I'd rather not gain quite so much this time. I'm exercising more than I was last time, but am finding that I need to keep eating every few hours or I get super tired and have a hard time even holding a conversation. So we'll see how that goes. I'm trying to find high-protein, lower-sugar snacks, but still, all this eating! On the other hand, I kind of liked being so big during pregnancy. I mean, I weighed more than my husband, and he's not a small guy! That's a force to be reckoned with. I felt 200 lbs powerful.
Sristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #13
tabitha84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Haha! I've got quite a few pounds on my husband, but he's super small.

Great goals, ladies! I'm so jealous of you mamas who are only 5lbs over weight. But, I did it to myself. Things are going to be different this time
Old 03-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #14
katiecornflakes
Registered Users
seller
seller

Tabitha - Exactly on the cravings! I have to remember to let myself get french fries or ice cream or whatever it is once in a while but I think the last couple of times I did it a little too often. The weight came off really well after DS so I think I thought with DD that it would be that easy but it is harder with more kids for sure!

betsy - I'm trying to tone at this point as well. Trying to do 10 min (at least) of abs every day and them some light free weights if I have time along with my cardio. I think that if I can get/keep my abs in decent shape then maybe I won't be showing at 8 weeks! We'll see about that. LOL. I also have such a problem with people and the junk food at work! It's always there. Drives me nuts. I often don't have time to eat at work so then I end up with a handful of M&Ms since I'm starving. The worst.

Sristi - I am definitely having an issue with snacks, too. Share if you find some good ones! The other day I made a shake with banana, almond butter, coconut milk, cocoa powder and a couple of dates. It was so yummy!
& Baby girl C (11/13)
katiecornflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #15
pumpkinseeds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

before i got pregnant, I could think weight gain and make it happen.. now.. it only happens if i indulge in the same treats the kids love. Ive lost a few pounds, and hope to lose a bit more before i start gaining actual pregnancy weight.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #16
tabitha84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinseeds View Post
before i got pregnant, I could think weight gain and make it happen.. now.. it only happens if i indulge in the same treats the kids love. Ive lost a few pounds, and hope to lose a bit more before i start gaining actual pregnancy weight.
I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't want to admit it.
I was 208 when I got my bfp. Now I'm down to 206 just by eating healthy. I hope I can get down to 200 then maintain as long as possible. But, (I know, I know) we're not supposed to lose weight while pregnant, so it's just a rough goal and I'm definitly not on a low calorie diet. If I could just maintain 206 for the first trimester I'd be thrilled.
I have a bigger frame and huge boobies, so don't imagine a whale when you picture 206. My "skinny" weight is 150.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #17
katiecornflakes
Registered Users
seller
seller

All the guidelines say I am "supposed" to gain 2-4 lbs in the first trimester. I think I gained 10 with each of my other kids! So if I can halve that, I'll be happy. My goal would be to stay at this weight but we'll see. My BMI is 21 so I'm right in the "normal" range.
& Baby girl C (11/13)
katiecornflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #18
Amatsu89
Registered Users
seller

Hi!
Amatsu89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #19
pumpkinseeds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabitha84 View Post
I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't want to admit it.
I was 208 when I got my bfp. Now I'm down to 206 just by eating healthy. I hope I can get down to 200 then maintain as long as possible. But, (I know, I know) we're not supposed to lose weight while pregnant, so it's just a rough goal and I'm definitly not on a low calorie diet. If I could just maintain 206 for the first trimester I'd be thrilled.
I have a bigger frame and huge boobies, so don't imagine a whale when you picture 206. My "skinny" weight is 150.
Ive got enough extra weight to maintain Im about 10lbs less than what I was when I delivered my last kid. (6 years ago)
Old 03-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #20
tabitha84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinseeds View Post
Ive got enough extra weight to maintain Im about 10lbs less than what I was when I delivered my last kid. (6 years ago)
I hear ya. I was 150 before having kids, 205 when I delivered #1 and 230 when I delivered #2. Now I'm 206 and not wanting to see 230 again.